Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anybody else suddenly found an off switch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's strange, I seem to have found an "off" button; for some reason it just clicked in one day. I'll still drink, and earlier this month I did drink too much a couple of times, but not to the point of being crazy-drunk like I used to. I did change the way I take the Kudzu - I used to only take it in the evening before I drank - or even after the first beer; now I'm taking 750 mgs in the morning everyday. My goal has always been moderation and I'm feeling more confident that it's attainable. If I drink a beer, I actually question whether I want another; before I would just keep on slamming them! Most nights I don't even think about it - even when my husband is popping his beer tops. There's none of the "do I want one, or don't I?", the desire is pretty much gone.

The only problem I'm having is being really, really tired
    ; I think it's been since I started taking the kudzu in the morning. Hopefully that will go away in time.

So I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else? It just sort of "clicked" in the last week and a half.

off switch

I wish, only an on switch here . Well, these days its a little more like a potentiometer
    where I can adjust it up or down to where I want but not off...........................yet!

Robert

Comment

I feel like things have slowed down but have not turned off. In other words, I feel less compulsive. I feel less obsessed with drinking. But I am still very capable of over-drinking.

I am happy you found your off switch!!

Comment

Well, it's not that I don't drink at all - the other night I had 4 beers, but that was 4 beers in the span of about 2 1/2 hours w/a big dinner as well; used to be I would just go on and on and on - but now I can say "enough" with no problem. It's amazing to me to even get to that point (the thinking "enough"); that's what I mean about an "off switch", I never had one before.

Comment

finding the off switch

so what else are you doing and taking that made the switch go off?

Comment

That's great!

So far I've managed to loose my "start" switch. But I haven't tempted fate to find out if the "stop" switch has magically reappeared. I'm planning on an experiment or two after my 90 reset time is up. But who knows, I may find that after that 90 days I may decide... "why bother".

Comment

Well, I'm taking all of my supps - I take 18 pills a day, plus 15 grams of l-glute powder. I take B-vits, C, True Calm (which has Gaba & Inositol), xtra b12 and Inositol, Magnesium - god, I can't remember them all. The main thing I've done differently in the last two weeks has been the 750mg of Kudzu in the am instead of in the afternoon.

I've also been committed to coming here everyday (after I stopped for 2 weeks after the health scare with my sister); not posting so much, but certainly reading a lot.

I don't know, it's very strange. But nice!

Comment

Well that's great
                thanks for sharing your success strategy.

Comment

well done Sheshe, im pleased for you.
                  i have not taken kudzu am as i didnt (past tense) think about drinking then.
                  i am thinking about trying to stop (again) next week so i will try your strategy, thanks for sharing it!

roxane

Comment

I wish I knew where to find my off switch. Thanks for the info on the supps. I'm planning on getting them together over the weekend and focusing on MWO.
                    Marcie

Comment

hey she she, congrads on the off switch.i'd like to mod. but i had to go af.day 20now.It's kinda tough but i could'nt mod. to start off.My wife said my book came in.I'll get it later.I'm sure it's good & want to read it.Sorry I feel like whining.NO meds ,books ,tapes,supps,blah, blah.I do feel good tho.Best of luck to you

Comment

Benjammin - I couldn't have written it with more of the same words as me if I tried!!
                        90 days tomorrow and no 'on' switch but, yes, scared to try the 'off' switch - I think about maybe a half glass of wine if I go out to dinner and someone orders a bottle...except I don't go out to dinner so there's nobody to buy the wine....! (Yet...!) Then I think well, if I have half a glass and they drink the rest do I want to be with them....thinking of past friends that, OK I kept up with, but I still remember their conversation still deteriorating...!!
                        Then I think about the half glass and I wonder why I would bother with just that...what's the point in that...not bothered....! So, I don't.

We'll see!!! If Mr. Gorgeous Hunky Romantic Man comes into my life I hope I will be so enamoured with him that I wont want a drink anyway - you miss things pissed!!

Sheshe - I am really happy for you!! And Good Luck all! I still don't take this for granted believe me! That stuff's scary...

Love
                        Finding xx
                        :heart: c: :heart:
                        "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Hello Sheshe, Yep I too found my "off" button... I now have a total different relationship with alcohol all together. Back in April until Mid June I was AF.. a total of around 73 days.. I now moderate.. I drink moderately on Fri, Sat, and Wed. Seems to work for me... Sipping wine that is mostly pop and cranberry juice is what I like to drink.sooo slowly...I enjoy the flavour now. And then I just switch to water. Hugs,

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Niblet - following my thread-post earlier in (Long Term Mods) I am so glad for you about what you have just said... Good on you... Yes, the only thing I can imagine drinking really is a very, very nice glass of wine that is all about taste and texture and nothing at all to do with alcohol....I had a glass like that last year when I would normally have drunk a whole bottle of my 'normal stuff'. I soooo savoured and enjoyed that glass I can still taste it (with no guilt or fear) and didn't want any more - I didn't want to spoil the whole amazing sensory experience! Drinking that wasn't being alcoholic I can tell you! THAT'S what I would like to be able to do....um, and afford!! Would def be mods - that wine bar's closed down where it was and it was ?7 a small glass anyway!!! ($15!!) Thanks for the post Niblet whatever - really happy for you.

Benjammin - are you there? Wondering how it's going? Hope you're doing OK with your 'plan'.

Love to all.
                            F x

Comment

By the way Niblet - just what is wine that is 'mostly pop and cranberry juice' please?!?!?!
                              A mixture?
                              F x

Comment

Working...
                              X