starting again...again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

starting again...again

Will be thinkin' of ya over the weekend, and anxious to hear from you next week. I am a newbie to MWO, and think about booze 24/7. I am looking forward to "tips" from all the MWO members, then figure out what might work for me. I sure know what doesn't!! Maybe you'll be my inspiration!! Good luck this weekend
    sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

starting again...again

P,
      Begin the begin,,,,,,If at first we don't suceed....try & try again ! IAD
      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
      Dr. Seuss

Comment

starting again...again

Pip, as everyone here has said - just keep at it, it does get a little easier. I'm 19 of 23 days AF and there's no way I could have done it without the friends here. Everyone is here to help.

Don: I've been watching your journey from the sidelines. Great Job!!!!

Comment

starting again...again

Pips, Just keep coming back and keep trying until you get so pissed at yourself for failing that failing is no longer an option... it will click one of these times.

P.S. Thanks Irish.Day 19 for me too!

Comment

starting again...again

Chief is right, I can not explain it, but something does just CLICK. You finally just get PISSED enough to do something about it...refuse to give up to the alcohol. Keep trying, no matter what, keep trying.

Comment

starting again...again

More support for the Pipsqueak

:welcome: to this very good and friendly site!

Just want to say hi and know that you can really do it just like Don said & did. Well done mate! You too Irish!
              Never thought I could do it and wouldn't have got this far without some experienced fellow alcoholics in MWO to help. This place is great; keep reading and posting, there not much that will surprise us.

Best of luck
              Bashley (Nufink since June 3rd- Lost count, but still hanker in the evenings)

Comment

starting again...again

Hi, know exactly how you are feeling, been there, done that. I too am starting this week-end. Reading about the guys on this board has been inspiring. I too want to be able to post and say xxxx number of days alcohol free. I have been here since April 2006 and while I have had some success I see people who started the same time and are now 14 months alcohol free. I want to follow in their footsteps and you can too.

Comment

starting again...again

Pip

I was like that a few weeks back - I just couldn't get my head around to not drinking. I was looking for excuses to drink. I'd start the day with good intentions, promising myself that I would not drink tonight but cave in by the end of the day.

I know is can sound cliche but you can only take one day as it comes. Don't look too far ahead. If you find it easier alternate your days you drink. Then slowly increasing the number of AF days in between. Keep yourself busy - if you haven't got anything to do find something. Maybe try an evening class - if that is your "danger zone" - or if you are into crafts find something from the craft shop to keep your mind occupied. Anything really.

And remember you can always post here and there will always be someone here to give you support.

I wish you all the best.

Mandy x

Comment

starting again...again

Two days AF last week, although to be honest was because not well, not alcohol related altho' who really knows? planning to go Af again next week, on Sunday. Fingers xed.
                    Pipsqueak

Comment

starting again...again

Well done on the 2 days, whatever the reason.
                      Fingers and toes crossed here for you pipsqueak.

Love and strength to you,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Working...
                      X