Made it a week...then slipped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, i guess now is the time i get back up and dust myself off and begin again. i was doing great. i made it a week and then something crazy posessed me to drink. i was really pissed at myself afterward too. all i can do is keep trying...right?

red
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

~Red :h

Right!

Comment

Exactly, female so I have to say more than one word.

Back in the saddle!!

Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Don't get me at yourself, get mad at the alcohol and start fighting back....

Comment

Ditto.
          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Red, Don't beat yourself up. It happens to all of us. I was sailing smoothly along on my 11th day AF last week when I had overpowering urges. They blindsided me and I succumbed. I'm now starting day 3 AF and am determined this time to keep the beast at bay. Come on, we can do it.
            Rob2
            Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.--- Dale Carnegie

Comment

hey Red, how ya doing? I'm in North Pole.I haven't seen anyone from around here before.Your from where?(if you don't mind me asking) I know that crappy feeling when you wake up & say ' darn ' I screwed up again.I've done it 1000 times It's past,start over again.I think eventually it does'nt happen so often,and someday it just disappears,if you keep working at it.Keep posting,catch ya later steve.

Comment

had a false start my self! Now on day 11 and feeling great.. it's not the falling down part that counts it's the getting back up!!! On you go, girl!
                Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

EXACTLY!!!! start again...we all have been there...buckle

Comment

Yep, Keep going,wondered where you had gone?.Please come back regardless.To isolate is the worst thing to do xx

Comment

It doesn`t matter how many times you slip, just as long as you get back up again to fight with renewed strength and total commitment.

Nothing truly worth having ever comes easy.

Love and strength to you all.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

thanks everyone! well, here i go again!

Comment

hi steve
                          i too am in north pole. small world huh...

Comment

I can't tell you how many times I've slipped. One of these days, you're just going to totally decide to stop. Good luck. Mary (51 AF days)
                            Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                            October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
                            X