Uh Oh Fell Off The Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uh Oh Fell Off The Wagon

Welcome to here. Seems you got a good flying start. Support you will get. That's what we're all here for--getting and giving it. Hope to see you around this wkend.
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Uh Oh Fell Off The Wagon

Welcome to all and congratulations on starting your AF streaks. Look at this weekend as your FIRST AF holiday weekend! You might even remember it...lol... If it gets tense and you need support, just log on, someone is always here. I think some of these knuckleheads never sleep! Welcome to MWO, you will find a wealth of support to help you Beat The Beast...Don

Comment

Uh Oh Fell Off The Wagon

Hi Planet Janet,

It is great you are 4 days AF! Well done!

I really hope your boyfriend gives it a go here, it can't hurt him can it?

I had some good advice from Kyna about People, Places and things. Basically if you are abstaining, it's important to remove yourself from the people, places and things that you associate with alcohol very heavily. It just puts too much pressure on you while you are trying to be AF and it's no fun. I have listed out mine and I guess it might help you to too? You mentioned boozy parties; they're just a massive no no for me, anyway.

Some things are unavoidable, like a wedding reception, but we have to have plans for that situation ...like objecting to the marriage "No reception, sorry people, all go home now!"

It sounds like you are coming to terms with what makes you happy ... and it sounds very much like that's being AF.

So what's up for your long weekend (lucky you) other than excercise, which is great btw?

Well done and enjoy the weekend,

Ben

Comment

Uh Oh Fell Off The Wagon

I have 3 AF days under my belt and will be completing the 4th this evening even though I have plans to go to a Brewer baseball game in Milwaukee at Miller Park tonight. For those of you that don't know, Milwaukee flows with beer.

Saturday thru Monday will be the difficult part for me. I originally intended to start my AF days after the Labor Day weekend. Earlier this week I decided I'd start some AF days ahead of time and would allow myself to have a few drinks this weekend. Now that I have almost 4 AF days completed, I'm not sure if I want to break the streak.

Comment

Uh Oh Fell Off The Wagon

Hi Taking Control,

You dont have to drink to watch sport ... there will be plenty of other people there not drinking ... the players for starters ... and hopefully the refs too! Seriously, there will be plenty of supporters there not drinking and you can be one if you want to be too.

It's up to you, but the next day, there's going to be an empty stadium and no one is going to care if you had a beer, except you suffering with a hangover.

Take care of yourself and i hope your team wins,

Ben

Comment

Uh Oh Fell Off The Wagon

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your reply. I did make it through the night AF and our team won!

TC

Comment

Uh Oh Fell Off The Wagon

Hi TC,

Well done TC and glad to see you got through!

I actually went and saw my AFL football team play here today. It was so good rocking up to a game without a hangover. We also won and now we're in the finals (play offs). I also declined to have a beer at the game and declined to have one afterwards. I really enjoyed it and maybe us not drinking and our teams winning is telling us something?!

Ben

Comment

Uh Oh Fell Off The Wagon

Hi Everyone,

I'm still here and AF on day 15 - I had computer problems and haven't been able to post - I've had to get a new tower. Anyway I'm still going strong and I have been keeping myself busy exercising after work during the week for up to an hour then cooking dinner watching a bit of tv and then bed. On the weekends I've been running around doing shopping etc and throwing myself into the housework - my house is looking especially clean. When I pass a liquor store, I love that I just walk straight past. Never realised my will power.

I'm not really craving now, but find when I get annoyed with teenage step son I find I really want a drink, so I'm trying to avoid any confrontations and don't even bother asking him to do anything around the house so I won't get stressed.

I'm going to stay with my sister on weekend of 22 September and that should be interesting. We usually enjoy binge drinking when we get together. She knows I'm on this and I'll take my kudzu and glut with me if I feel the urge.

Hope you're all doing well - this site has certainly helped me and made such a difference. My husband wonders why I take so many vitamins but I told him the vitamins are helping me and he is really happy that I have done this.

We have a wedding to go to on 29 September which is when my 30 days are up and I am planning on having a few drinks (that will be the real test whether I can just have a few). I am hoping that I can have a few and stop instead of getting totally out of it. I guess that will be the real test of how I can cope in the long run.

Thanks for all the encouragement - I'd love to hear how you're all going. :thanks:

Comment

Uh Oh Fell Off The Wagon

Great to have you back, janet. Never be embarassed to say you slipped...........the booze is constantly lurking in the shadows.........same could happen to any of us any day.

So glad the bf has decided to join you........will just make it so much easier for you. You were doing great with the AF and will again.

I wish you all success in your AF stints. Learning to live sober is a tall order........no fool-proof formula, unfortunately........just why we have to keep on our toes every single day.

Love and strength to all,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Working...
                    X