Newbies in need - Day 29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies in need - Day 29

Hi Everyone: I'm doing well, but I have been thinking about drinking from time to time. I wouldn't call it cravings...just thoughts. I'm trying the remember the pros of not drinking & the cons of drinking approach. I also think back to the black-outs which I always hated. Of course, now that I'm AF, I forget things, but I don't black out entire evenings like I used to. What a gift! I babysat my g-sons last night, & it was such fun. Had I been drinking, I would have struggled through the whole afternoon & evening. Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Newbies in need - Day 29

Hi Mary,
    Can relate. The thoughts are really what we have to watch - they can lead to actions. Sounds like you are doing well though, and noticing the good things that occur when not drinking is a good strategy!

Re: the pro's and cons: SMART Recovery uses a 'Four Questions about my Addiction' method in which you list: the things you enjoy, the things you hate, what you think you'll like about giving up, and the things you won't. (You can find it in more detail on their website)

Anyway, just a few words of support to let you know you're being heard ...

Kyna
    Kyna

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 29

You're doing brilliantly, Mary! 29 days, outstanding!

Have decided to go completely af again - am kidding myself that I can do moderation. Not for now and maybe not for ever. Felt so great when I wasn't drinking. Problems seemed so much easier to deal with, well, actually, they were properly being dealt with. I know it's not going to be easy, so expect I'll be here a fair bit.

Hope you all have a good day - hang on in there!

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 29

Hi Mary,

You are doing very well. Keep it up.

On Sunday I was in another state with beautiful beaches and it was a beautiful Spring day down here, one of our first. I was so hungover and out of it I just wanted to get on the plane and back home to bed. There is a con of drinking ... you can't properly enjoy the day and often don't experience it.

Stay strong

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 29

Kyna: Thanks. I'll look are SMART recovery. I can use all the help I can get.
          Uda: I too cannot mod. Once I start, I can't stop. I try not to look into the future wo/wh. wine. The one-day-at-a-time approach works for me. Forever seems too much. Mary
          Wisdom, Courage, Strength
          October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
          X