Atlast a Good Decision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlast a Good Decision

Reading it now...just downloaded it and have already begun. Thanks for your support...glad to be here. Finally!!
    Working on it... AF as of...[sigh]. Today...today is all that matters.

Comment

Atlast a Good Decision

:welcome: 908-f, Resolute and Newbies,

908-f - Don't feel bad, oh my gosh I TOTALLY identify with your stories of offending friends, family, co-workers, losing out on a social events because people feared my behavior if I drank too much and the morning after guilts were the worst. I think that is why it just came clear to me that I needed to stop this madness and that's how I found this place. I tried AA, but for me it was too "judgmental", however that not to say it doesn't work for others, you should check into that as well. Do whatever it takes to help so that you don't feel bad anymore, make sense. Try to sign on everyday and read people's post, it will help you alot and wow the support here is absolutely amazing. I am ever so grateful for having found this site, even though I had 17 AF days and then fell off wagon :upset: ( My Thread: Uh Oh I Fell Off The Wagon). When I returned, the support from everyone here just brought tears to my eyes and I am HAPPY to be back with the land of the MWO:H Keep us posted.

Resolute - I too, understand your feeling when you mentioned about losing you almost about to lose your career and trust it's good that you work on this issue. I have lost sooooo many jobs because of my drinking and it's not a good feeling. Keep posting your messages, seek support from this site, like someone mentioned in one of the messages, someone is always here for you.

:goodjob: to both of you and anyone else who is new to this program. It's a real great place to be.

Big hugs,
      Janet
      AF Day 4
      AF Since May 2nd 2012

Comment

Atlast a Good Decision

Hi Resolute,

I'm glad you've found this site, it's very supportive and uplifting. The people here will give you the emotional strength to get through your day and not feel like you need to drink.

There's also lots of experience here (no offence 50+ers ) which will help you with the practical facets of dealing with this.

Welcome. You'll get your career back on track and a whole lot of other things ...

Ben

Comment

Atlast a Good Decision

Hi Resolute and welcome.
          Great work in getting your first AF day in!!!!

You are still very young.........many of us are older and wish we`d had the sense to quit when young.........but that`s immaterial now...........just as long as we do quit, if quitting is our goal.

You already feel that your career is in a precarious position due to your drinking, so best you get a grip of your life now, before your career is down the drain.

I always say that alcohol will strip us of all that is dear to us, whilst giving us nothing in return............but only if we`re fool enough to let it.

Am glad you have found us.

Love and strength to you for your Day 2 and beyond.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Atlast a Good Decision

Thanks to all...

I'm feeling more confident than ever that I've finally gotten off to the 'right start' in beating this for the last time. I have this site --and all of your support thus far-- to thank for that. Thanks...Day 2 down!! Going to bed sober...the way it should be. All is well...

Wishing you all the best...till tomorrow.

Comment

Atlast a Good Decision

Feels good, doesn't it? IF you hit a rough patch just remember how good you are feeling going to bed sober on Day 2 AF......no hangover will ever feel that good!:H
              Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

Atlast a Good Decision

slightlysuze;188957 wrote: Feels good, doesn't it? IF you hit a rough patch just remember how good you are feeling going to bed sober on Day 2 AF......no hangover will ever feel that good!:H
                I agree ...

It was great to go for a 30 minute walk today with a clear head on an absolutely perfect Spring day, not a cloud in the sky. You're not consumed with your hangover, you feel patient, relaxed and all your senses are in good shape to enjoy the surrounds.

Good going Resolute, hope to hear from you soon.

Comment

Atlast a Good Decision

Back at you Ben!! It's good to hear that you're doing so well...

Every day, it seems to get a little easier...being able to say,"...no thanks, I don't want a drink...," is pretty liberating the first time you're able to do it. Was able to do that earlier today -- quite a hurdle.

Continued perseverance...

Comment

Atlast a Good Decision

Welcome 908, I guess I'm one of the oldies here these days - 9 months sober - it can be done!! Just do one day at a time! really!

Resloute, you'll soon be able to change your avatar line to "How easy was that!"
                    lol

Welcome
                    It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Atlast a Good Decision

Thanks to everyone for your great support and encouragement. Had lost touch for a few days due to busy schedule. Anyways i shall try and stay in touch by signing in and reading all your posts as frequently as i can. Thanks once again.

908-f

Comment

Atlast a Good Decision

Hi 908-f,

Make sure you do keep in touch and let us know how you're going, how you're feeling, there's alot of things that crop up, physical and emotional and it's good to communicate all of it,

Ben

Comment

Atlast a Good Decision

Congrats 908-f on your strong will to stay AF. Yes, I agree with Benno, please keep in touch because it's important for all of us to TRY to check in once in awhle to help not yourself but us as well. It's inspiring for me to hear other people progressing in their program, it gives me a feeling that I can do it too.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day/evening.

Big hugs,
                          Janet
                          AF Since May 2nd 2012

Comment

Working...
                          X