Advice needed before i go on holidays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (I have copied this on to a new thread. I hope that you don't think that I am being too pushy - but i have read that it takes 2 weeks for the cds to arrive, i would like to start them before i go on holidays. :thanks: )

Hi, just a quickie,
    I've finished the book and decided that I'LL order the Cd's. I'm not
    to sure on which ones to order.
    Some of you have read my story, so maybe able to advise which ones.
    I'm a mother. I eventually will go totally free from alcohol. I have been alcohol free for nearly 6 weeks now. It hasnt't been as easy as I thought. As someone said it is progressive, and my body is missing those couple of glasses of wine. I have an increased desire to eat anything sweet. I have had some really grumpy moments. My body is feeling that it is missing something, but it doesn't know what. I'm sure i do have an addictive nature of sorts. When I stopped smoking last year, I realise that's when I started to drink more. I am proud of myself though I have been out twice and ordered just water, normally I'd think of well 2 glasses won't hurt and then with time I'd be drinking a couple of times a week again. I am DETERMINED this time to kick my little habit in the butt. I'm going to take the vitamins as I can get all of those where i live. And use the cds as a backup. I need to learn that i don't have to get blind to step out side of my life. (When you are having a rough day, week etc - the remorse is not worth it) Its re- programming myself, I grew up with parents whose idea was there was no fun at a party when there no alcohol involved. I just have to find another way of dealing with it. Do I need the mother cds, or from the 2 types suggested the original or total abs.?As I said I go on holidays in 2 weeks and i have planned to sit by the pool and have a couple of glasses of champagne in the evening. - or maybe I won't ?
    Any feed back would be appreciated.

Your story sounds so similar to mine....I love the CDS ....i would get the set to start...and add the mother ones later....That is what i did...My life has changed s drastically since finding this place... I TOTALLY understand about your parents...that is my background too...mine are both HUGE drinkers and i was raised where there was always alcohol....i just couldn't stand to do that to my kids...that was one of the main things that brought me here....i came for myself first and then for my kids...they have really noticed the difference in me....that makes me feel great....It sounds like you are doing great...you should be proud....the holiday thing is hard...i know I always associate it with drinking...but if you go prepared you will get through it with a plan and have a great time...please let me know if there are any questions you have...i can always use a chat and support too!... good job and good luck! :h Buckle

Comment

I ordered the original set, which is really for moderation. I didn't know about the abs one, but I would have ordered that instead if I did. Still, the moderation one also works for abs, as the main message is to control your drinking (which can be either mods or abs). I don't have much more advice. I hope you have a nice holiday , though.
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Thanks Buckledown and Beatle for the kind advise. I ordered the orginal cds hope they arrive before I leave for holidays, I'm looking forward to the extra help.
        Buckledown, hope things are going well with you. How long has it been for you? I new to posting on boards. I seem to forget where I have posted before Will get the hang of it. and hopefully I can help someone as well.
        Its a busy board, makes you realise how drinking can take hold of ones life faster than you think.
        again thanks to you all.

Comment

Working...
        X