Hullo from The Londoner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hullo from The Londoner

This is day 5 of AF for me-like so many it has been stop start over the last 30 years or more. Being a creature of extremes, I am going the full hog with a detox programme that cuts out meat (don't eat this anyway), fish, dairy products, wheat, processed foods-need I go on?! I hope to do this for the next 28 days, hopefully all of Sept, so wish me luck!

I have to say I feel exhausted but content as the food choices are so healthy and it is good to have to think about diet over and above alcohol. I am going to buy some Milk Thistle today as my liver has taken quite a bashing over the years.

The latter was a big problem though, hitting a bottle and a half a night recently, which was insane. White wine slips down too easily, I find-I suppose too, the longer you have been drinking, the more you "need" to get your fix and then bang! oblivion- bed by 9, dead drunk-and that's what I have been doing. Binger in extremis.

Anyway! I have read some threads and can see this is a very supportive community, so thanks for being there and I look forward to a long conversation with you all.

It feels good to have written this.
    IS MILIS FION,ACH IS SEARBH A IOC
    Wine is sweet, but paying for it is bitter

Hullo from The Londoner

Welcome Londoner,
    It sounds like you are indeed a creature of extremes. You have found a good place indeed.

I will suggest that you read the book and take the supplements as well. It really helps your body to heal from the years of abuse. I take the Milk Thistle, I think most of us do. don't over do it though, you may get some side effects from it at first.

Keep reading and posting. this is a great place for support and there is a wealth of experience and knowledge here.

Melissa
    If I ruin my body where will I live? :ranger

Comment

Hullo from The Londoner

Welcome from a fellow Londoner & congrats on day 5. It's good that the new diet is giving you something to 'obsess' about instead of the booze.
      I was also knackered for my first week of AF - from lack of sleep in my case - but that gradually sorts itself out as your body adjusts.
      Good luck with your goal of a healthy September!
      sigpic
      AF since December 22nd 2008
      Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Hullo from The Londoner

:welcome: A nice healthy detox sounds wonderfully refreshing and does the body good. I have been following a similar diet as well and eating as many raw foods as possible.

Anyway, welcome to our community and I wish you success!
        Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Hullo from The Londoner

Welcome to you Londoner. I am also an ex-Londoner having lived there for about a year... ha ha. Anyway, great place.

Well, I must say that obsessing about something else than alcohol is what has saved me (if I may even presume to be near to saved). I obsess about both eating healthily and taking supplements (and about this website). These obsessions take a huge amount of time. (When am I gonna fit that drinky in?) And -- all other members here can stop reading-- the supplements are VERY IMPORTANT. They will make you feel better, heal your body and make any withdrawal you feel much easier.

The MWO supplements are great, but if you want even more info on supps, just PM me.

I think you are doing the right thing, going the full hog (that's a new one on me! thanx!)-- you sound determined. Keep coming here, and get obsessed!
          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Hullo from The Londoner

Welcome Londoner - not too far away from you - Kent. Good luck, you've come to a good place. Janicexxx
            AF since 9 May 2012
            Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Hullo from The Londoner

Welcome Londoner - Sounds like you have had a great start - remember that support is always available here when you need it - all you need to do is ask.

Keep us informed on your progress.
              It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Hullo from The Londoner

L,
                Eat!!!!!! just don't drink ! Good Luck . IAD!
                ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                Dr. Seuss

Comment

Hullo from The Londoner

Hi and welcome Londoner. Ditto to all the previous advice.
                  Paula.

Comment

Hullo from The Londoner

I like that advice IAD. That's what I do these days... eat instead of drink. I mean, something has to go into my mouth every moment of the day, doesn't it?
                    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Hullo from The Londoner

Beatle,
                      I'm going to leave that one alone. I know what you mean ! IAD:goodjob:
                      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                      Dr. Seuss

Comment

Hullo from The Londoner

Hi Londoner and welcome.
                        Sounds like you have a very committed approach.
                        Hope you find that little extra here to help you on your journey.

Love and strength to you,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Hullo from The Londoner

Thanks for the welcome! I can tell already that there are caring and supportive people who use this forum regularly,people who understand and empathise. I'm especially pleased as this is the first forum I have ever joined! The more I delve into this site, the more I am impressed - it will take me a while to navigate it and utilise it properly but in the meantime I'm having fun and time is what I now have plenty of!

I had a terrible night -not due to cravings but due to leg cramps that were so bad I couldn't get comfortable! Rottrod (hi!) mentioned the fact that Milk Thistle could have side effects at first-I have only taken 2 caps, but could it be this? Help appreciated.
                          Day 6 and another grey day in London but I feel sunny inside! Hope your day is good wherever you are and whatever you're up to!
                          Love and thanks from The Londoner x

Comment

Hullo from The Londoner

Good on you Londoner for giving it a go! North, South, West or East? You're at the same stage as quite a few of us here so come along for the ride. If you get a chance to go for a leisurely half hour + walk, it might help with the cramps. So much to explore in that great city of yours.

Welcome and keep posting,

Ben

Comment

Hullo from The Londoner

Thanks Ben, North West London is my manor and funny enough I did go for a 30 min walk with a friend today on Hampstead Heath, just perfect-also having salted water drinks so here's hoping tonight I get a good sleep.
                              Have joined the 30 day abs group so September looks interesting!

its great to be able to use this site during the danger times-6pm always meant a nice glass of chilled wine swiftly followed by another and another and an........it's nearly 7 pm and this is a much better obsession!

Comment

Working...
                              X