Newbies in Need - Day 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies in Need - Day 1

Good morning to all of you. Hope you don't mind me starting this thread today. For me today is the first day of, what I hope, will be a long af stint, though I'm going to take it one day at a time this time round, rather than the '30 days' I did last time. Thanks to you guys yesterday I have found my motivation again - I will do this, we all will.

Hope you are all going to have a brilliant day achieving your goals.

Uli

Newbies in Need - Day 1

Uda I must have started the thread at the same time I will delete mine and post it on here GGXX

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 1

Good mornin everyone,Its a new month and by the sounds of it as some of us seem to be struggling, myself included, we need a new month as a fresh start. So lets help and encourage each other as we always do and get our goals achieved wether it is af or mods or whatever. This program seems to work for so many people, we all have our individual stories and personal struggles but the support is always here whatever time of day. I have seen alot of new people using this but also alot of old friends as well, some doing so well like reteacher and others among us who havnt quite made it yet. Aslong as we keep coming on here when we need help or to support others I am sure we will all succeed in beating this thing. SO lets get motivated, I start a new job on Tuesday, my yougest girl starts secondary school and eldest starts a new class. They need me to be there for them and this site will help me achieve that. Thankyou to everyone who has supported me this past few weeks, I hope I can be as supportive to NEWBIES IN NEED and OLDIES IN NEED, have a lovely day. Much love GGXXXX

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 1

Hi Uda and GG,
        Hope you are well. I think I am on day 13. Not quite sure. But I'm ploughing on. We have visitors coming tonight, but I already told them I'm not drinking (just like that, no explanation-- just wanted to warn them as we have always consumed copious bottles of wine with them). Anyway, I'm not worried since I told them already, so I sort of removed the temptation problem.

Uda, I think that's a good way to look at it. I want to be AF for life, but I keep making myself smaller goals, so as not to get too overwhelmed and demotivated.

And I keep thinking of Bashley, who stays AF despite having no supp crutches and being surrounded by temptation. If he can do it, I must be able to.
        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 1

Glad to join in this thread, have a good day, new month everyone.
          Love Paula.x

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 1

Best of luck to the all of us...glad to see others out there going through the same thing; and, making it!!

Day 3 for me...
            Working on it... AF as of...[sigh]. Today...today is all that matters.

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 1

Hi everyone

no days for me im afraid yet. but it wll happen.

garden girl, did you get your supps?

roxane

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 1

A new month and a new start for me, so count me in! I'm not so new but still sticking around knowing this is the place to be where success stories happen. Suz:thanks:
                The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 1

Hi everyone, I'm doing fine haven't had a drink for some time now, so feeling good.
                  Good luck to all of you.
                  Paula.

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 1

Good Morning

It sounds like everyone is upbeat and working hard on getting to their goals. Yea!!

I was stuck in hotel yesterday being sick. Hate it and had to wait to fly home this morning. Too sick to get out of bed in the morning. However, by evening was able to go down and get something to eat and now feel much better this morning.

I am not as far along as many of you in terms of AF days but still feeling good about it. Like Beatle and Uli said, taking it one day at a time.

Starlight's post about "filling the void" made me feel so optimistic for all of us. If we can stay AF or truly moderate, it gives us FREEDOM to do so much more in our lives. So, for me AF=Freedom.

Take care all, Uli, Garden Girl, Roxane, Suzanna, Resolute, Paula and all to come.

Have a wonderful day.
                    Cindi
                    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 1

Hi Uda, I too am starting today and am feeling optimistic. I'll start with 30 and have a longer goal in mind of 90, read somewhere it takes that long to reprogramme the mind.

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 1

Hi Everyone: It's great to be starting a new month. Taking it one day at a time works for me...especially in the beginning. Forever or even 30 days seemed too daunting. Mary
                        Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                        October 3, 2012

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 1

Good morning, all. I am starting again on Day 1 today. I agree with the "one day at a time" motto. It seems that I get going and do really well for a few weeks and then start falling back into my old habits. Woke up this morning feeling a little blue. This is definitely the hardest habit I've ever had to kick -- and I've kicked a few. Good luck to everyone on a new day!
                          Every day do something that will inch you closer to a better tomorrow.:h

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 1

newbie need alot of help and advice

this is my first week on this sight. I was af for only two days, third day totally went backwards. today would have been day four. I love reading your threads. Im looking forward to startong a new month with all of you. would like to moderate but dont think its possible may have to be af so I think ill try af during the week and maybe moderate one weekend night. Ill see hoiw it goes. not sure what i should get for supplements.. can anyone help? if i dont get it together i may very well loose my husband.

thankyou to all think i need lots of help!

wishful:h :new:

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 1

Wishful :welcome:

As far as supplements, on the home page there is a link to "Important Program Updates," click on that. Under Nutrition, in the second paragraph there is a link which will bring up RJ's newest recommendations for supplements. It is a two page pdf file that I saved to my computer and printed out when I went shopping.

Please download the book and read it. It is not too long, well written and outlines what RJ did to get her drinking under control. The cost is minimal. I scan through it from time to time just to keep my mind focused.

As far as support, you have come to the right place. There will always be someone on line, day or night, to give any advice or support you need. A wonderful caring community of people just like you who have to deal with this issue.

Take care,
                              Cindi
                              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
                              X