Hi Everyone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Everyone.

:new: I've been a heavy drinker for the past five years and have recently realized that I really have to cut it out. I'm so fed up with feeling rubbish everyday. I had my first attempt at going AF almost two weeks ago. I lasted nine days and it felt great, but because of a stupid little argument with my partner I went on a two day binge.I'm on day two again now but I'm so disgusted with myself. Nine days sober then ratted for two whole days. Why did I do it? I really don't know!
    I came across this site early this morning and it's great, I've been reading your posts most of the day. I'll definately keep coming back.
    Good luck to you all.
    Tess.x

Hi Everyone.

Welcome Tess. You'll find wonderful support and advice here. I'd recommend buying RJ's book (or downloading it). I've read it several times. It gives me a boost in the right direction when I need it most. Good luck. Look forward to hearing from you again.

Julie

Comment

Hi Everyone.

Hi mintytess and welcome.
      Hey.......you doing 9 days before says you can do this.
      Now all you have to learn is how to handle any given situation without a "little something" to calm you down..........a tricky one initially.

I could conjure up every EXCUSE under the sun for drinking.........it was only when I came to understand that a mere excuse is not a real reason that I finally managed to stop.

Arguments with partners, problems at work, whatever.............count to 10 and do not allow anyone to rob you of an AF run, by causing you to become so infuriated that you seek solace in the bottle........it`s just not worth it.

Love and strength to you,

Starlight Impress x

P.S.
      Buy a punch bag!!! LOL

Comment

Hi Everyone.

Welcome here. You have found a good place. I think you can do this. Nine days is good. Just keep it up. If you haven't read the book, please do. It is easy to read and very enlightening. Lots of common sense in there together with well-researched ways to deal with this problem. So have a good read, and see what's possible.
        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Working...
        X