Anyone wanna join me for 5 days AF???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recently posted that I cannot seem to get past day 3 AF. I guess its around day 3 that my denial kicks in, and I forget I have a drinking problem (LOL). Anyways, someone had asked me how bad I really want to be AF. Well that has made me really think about it, and I know I need to make some changes in my life instead of keeping on repeating the same shit over and over. I heard this somewhere: "Insanity is repeating the same things and expecting a different outcome". Well I need to start somewhere. So I am going to try to start small, and try to make it Monday-Friday AF this week. I figure if I can get past that hurdle, then maybe I can continue on. If anyone wants to start small like this with me, you are more than welcome! Hugs to you all.
    I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

I'll join you, first time I've posted and just came across this site this morning (while hungover and usual feelings of 'this has got to stop'. I too seem to reach day 3 and reward myself with a bottle of wine (usually a wednesday and that's me everynight until I stop again on a Monday night)
    I've tried hypno in the past and it's very effective for me, I think I'll order one from this site and download the book, once my printer has ink!

My drinking shows in my skin and I always wear make-up in an attempt to cover up the blotchyness. Went to the health shop and got some 'kudzu and sleepytea for the inevitable insomnia that I know I'll get. Just wish someone would lock me up for 3 months and I would have no choice but to stop.
    Honour Thyself

Comment

Hey Emily, welcome. I wish you both the best of luck, and Emily, that sleepy tea is wonderful stuff!!
      It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
      James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

I'ld love to join you...but I can't. buzzin my head off...
        Mike...

Comment

my aunts name is Emily.... whish she were here, she's a drinker as well... I love her and miss her, so damn far away...
          Mike...

Comment

Over it, yes I will join you, I've done af spells before but not for a while ....

So we can help each other ........

Mike R, why don't you try to cut down while we are going AF???

Love & Hugs, BB xx
            sigpicXXX

Comment

Hi all, count me in too! I like to know I am not struggling alone. I am desperate and determined to be AF! Am on disk # 2 of the abstinence CD set. I feel calm, no urges but it isn't 6pm yet either. Started supplements yesterday, mabye they are helping too. All I know is that I feel more self control then I did 2 days ago and it feels great! Liquor stores are also closed for 2 days and that helps alot. Good luck to us all!

Comment

I'll join in. Fed up with these see-saw emotions. One minute i tell myself I'm an alcoholic and after a few AF days, it's simply 'I overdo it sometimes' 'it'll be ok to have some wine tonight - I deserve it'. So let's get to Friday (tomorrow is Day 3 for me) and see how it goes. PS What's sleepytea?
                Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.

Comment

PS Mike

Is that you in the picture?

Comment

Ok l rose if thats him in the picture I am in but I saw him first!!

Comment

If thats Mike in the picture, I'll go AF just to be in his fan club ..........
                      sigpicXXX

Comment

I'll second that!!!

Comment

Great guys, glad to see I have the company. Im going to try really hard to do this, I mean its only 5 days, but it will certainly be an accomplishment.

And if that is Mike in the picture, we should all plan a trip to Israel real soon....
                          I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

It is him girls, and he's only 30!!! Speak tomorrow and lets stay strong x

Comment

Ok, I was determined to do 'one day at a time' but have never been able to resist the lure of a challenge. Count me in!

Really, I only want to be in this thread because of that picture, of course....

Comment

Working...
                              X