Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone!

Hi!

I?m new here and just wanted to say hello to everyone :-). I want to drink less and I?m sure we are able to help each other. In fact, I don?t know why I have been drinking during the past six months . I think it?s because I and my husband are now living in different countries and we meet only durig weekends. I somehowe want to pamper myself but all I get are more pounds and a thicker waist! So far I have been drinking cider and other long drinks and I want to stay away from strong drinks. I would just want to relax in the evenings, you know? Though, I don?t like this. I?m already so tired in this but every day when I go to bye food I take 2-4 bottles cider for the evening.

By the way - my name is Kristi.

Hope to hear from you soon!

:thanks: & good night,

Kristi

Hello everyone!

Welcome Kristi,

Please look around this site, read many posts, read all the information here. You will get a good overview. Come back and tell us more about yourself. We are a very caring group. We are at different stages of our journeys to get rid of alcohol, or at least take control. We give advice, take advice, and we have a good bit of fun as well, Welcome.
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Hello everyone!

Hi Kristi and welcome. this is a great place if you want to cut down or abstain from alcohol. the people here are kind, supportive and inspirational ... a really great place
      Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

Hello everyone!

Hello!

Hi Kristi,

Very much identify with you. My tipple is wine and been drinking on average a bottle a night for 20 years!!! I use to beleive that this was normal behaviour up until I reached my thirties and ealised that people dont routinely do this. Over the years my alcohol consumption has varied and been recently drinking more than a bottle and getting cravings from midday although I always keep to the 5pm rule. Have in the past been to AA but im not THAT bad yet and left there thinking perhaps I didny have a problem!!

I know that feeling of nipping out to get some shopping coming home with the bottle of wine. Every morning I wake up resolved not to drink and come the evening i seem to think its okay to drink. I feel like Jekyll and Hyde at the moment and one of them HAS to go. Have got the CD tapes, Kudzu, supplements but trying without the Topomax as not sure the GPs prescribe it here.

My first night Alcohol free, itching and twitching in sleep and not sure how to turn that blessed brain off!!

Best of luck to you.

Comment

Hello everyone!

Welcome to the both of you...congratulations on your decision. Lots of good advice/support on this site...

Day 6 AF here...it gets easier.
          Working on it... AF as of...[sigh]. Today...today is all that matters.

Comment

Hello everyone!

Welcome Kristi. I hope you find what you need here. Bella xxx

Comment

Hello everyone!

Hi Kristy, welcome...
              Good decision you made comeing here, and even better that you did it so soon... I've been drinking heavily for years... and realized I have a problem when I started shaking every morning, then drinking in the morning... you'll find lots of nice people who know exactly what you're going through... best of luck and God bless...
              Mike...

Comment

Working...
              X