Big red truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big red truck

:new: I found this sight by accident; some of the information on it really hit me hard. I will say I have an abusive/early stage problem. A little here and there is turning into more and more. My drink of choice is Vodka, thing is no one close to me notices or says anything. I don?t miss work, my children are grown 20, 28, 30 and have moved out, my husband doesn?t drink, but this thought is I?m an adult and it is not up to him to baby sit me (I asked him the other night if he notices what I do or if I?m invisible and that was his response)so far I am pretty much in control, I don?t drink all the time, but when I drink I drink, what?s the sense in leaving anything. I ?m starting to f feel like I?m standing in front of a big red truck and I need to decide if I am going to play chicken or step to the side. I need to refocus and re-establish control of things. It's nice to find a place where I don't feel that I am alone in this.

Big red truck

Hi Big red truck, WELCOME! You are right ....you are not alone in this. There are lots of people here who just need some friendly words of encouragement and advice. i have been visiting MWO now for 7 months and have no intention of leaving, its like a drug. Everyone is lovely. No one judges. Read all the posts and you will find out more. It sounds like you want control over alcohol, rather than alcohol controlling you? The MWO book is a good start. I read it very quickly and dip into it again and again. Good luck to you and keep posting. Bella xxxx

Comment

Big red truck

OOPS!!! Sorry. your name is not Big red truck....Its Lostfocus!!! What an idiot I am!!!

Comment

Big red truck

Hi lostfocus, good your starting now.Before booze gets in the way of your life.If you hang out here i'm sure you'll do better.good luck steve

Comment

Big red truck

Hi Lostfocus and welcome.

Really think that`s the greatest danger with the booze...it tends to sneak up on us and catch us unawares, after all, we all began our drinking careers as social drinkers who sadly began to indulge more........and more often.

Good to see you having the courage to address it before it dictates your life.

Love and strength to you,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Big red truck

Welcome Lostfocus... More likely you found this site by fate. As did many of us, and it has been a lifeline for so many.
            Glad you're asking the questions of yourself that you are asking.
            Good luck.
            FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

Working...
            X