Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here Goes

Hi :new:

I've been looking for this for a long time. Having had more than enough alcoholics in my family, I thought AA was the only way and it's just not for me. Ordered the book a few weeks back, read it, lurked here lots and this week have just hit that wall. Now waiting for the supps and CD's to arrive (just ordered today....how long does it normally take?). I'm excited but scared as heck. The booze has been my only 'friend' through so much trauma and loss in my life but I can't live like this anymore either.

Anyway, I know taking the first step and not living in denial is a huge leap. I'm sure glad you all are here.

Here Goes

Hi kittykat and welcome.
    The booze was never your friend, or anyone else`s for that matter. The booze is nothing but a great pretender. You`ll start to live when you and the booze become estranged........am 40 days sober and loving it.

Love and strength to you,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Here Goes

I used the program and was sober for a year. I then tried to add wine and now I right back where I started. I need to begin again. Good luck, it is hard but it does work

Comment

Here Goes

Hello KittyKat. :welcome:

I too, thought I needed 'my friend booze' as it was the only thing there for me when I needed it. (And I really do remember that thought...)

It was the worst friend I ever had and I never needed it. Everything is so much better without it. But I had to discover that little by little and everyone here is a great hand-holder as we wobble along in the first days.

I so wish you the best. Come here loads and you'll get there. I haven't done meds so personally can't help but I have done 'not having a drink today' for 103 days now.... I would have seriously questioned anyone's sanity if they'd said I'd feel as good as I do today 103 days ago. But I do and I so hope you feel better soon too. (And I really don't miss it now - amazing!)

Dumpt that useless/abusive/cruel/soul destroying/shallow 'friend' and make new ones here!

Love
        Finding x :hallo:
        :heart: c: :heart:
        "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Here Goes

Hello Meggie too.....ooooops! That's a bummer eh?
          Never mind - you're back with a heap of experience and you can do it again. Look forwards and up.
          Good, good luck to you.
          Love
          Finding x

Comment

Here Goes

Thank you for the support, I remember that feeling in the morning waking up sober. I loved that feeling. Also, watching a movie at night and remembering it the next day.

Comment

Here Goes

Meggie. Remember that feeling! Remember it lots and lots and lots!
              And then you'll have it lots and lots and lots. There are soooh many movies just waiting to be watched and remembered.
              Love Finding xx

Comment

Here Goes

Meggie, I wish you renewed strength for beginning again.
                Your experience just served to remind me why I`ll never opt to moderate again..........already know I can`t do it, so am content to not even try.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Here Goes

Welcome Kitty & Welcome Back Meggie,
                  You are in the right place. The people here all understand what you are feeling and how hopeless it sometimes seems. Well it's not. If you really want to commit to changing your life we can help. Read the book, make a plan, and keep reading and posting. It all starts with that first day of not drinking. Then it will be Day 2, then 3 and before you know it your life is changing...
                  Don

Comment

Here Goes

To both of you....

Attached files [img]/converted_files/325160=1796-attachment.gif[/img]
                    :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X