Newbies in need - Day 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies in need - Day 8

Hi Newbies: I wanted to start this thread today, because this is how I got onto the AF streak that I'm on now (day 61). I checked in at this thread every single day. You don't have to have a lot of sobriety to start it. All you need is willingness. Good luck to you all, Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Newbies in need - Day 8

Hi Mary. I feel special to be the first one to post! I have wanted to tell you for a while now how amazed I am on your progress, and how happy I am for you! You and I joined MWO about the same time, and for a while I was on drink tracker with you. I was reading your posts, and felt so much in common with you. Then suddenly I saw all your 0's on drink tracker and followed your success! In my heart I was saying, Way to Go Girl! She did it. You have been a HUGE encouragement to me and to many others who share in the same struggle. I am truly happy for you, and strive to do better because of examples like you. Thank you for that.
    I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 8

Hi Mary and Overit and all to come,

Ditto Mary about you being a HUGE inspiraction! Am on day 8 and feeling very good this afternoon, though felt a bit grumpy this morning (might have been the shopping though rather than the lack of alcohol). It's a beautiful sunny day here, warm without being too hot - just the way I like it.

Am not missing the wine half as much as I did last time. I like not drinking, like the way it makes me feel. When I'm feeling down I remind myself that NOT drinking means the feeling will pass, whereas with drinking it could go on for a very long time.

Thanks everyone for being here. Hope your weekend is going well.

Uli

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 8

Hi Mary and everyone else. Mary, ditto for me you are an inspiration. Well the first week is over and that's an achievement for all of us. Each day brings fresh challenges. Something is helping my physical cravings this time, dont know if its the supplements, the cd's, mental attitude, logging onto this board, maybe a combination of everything but they have not been that bad this week. However, each day I face something new. Yesterday it was the start of the week-end and I always cook a nice dinner Friday night. I was there preparing it and thinking how nice it would be to have a nice glass of wine with it. Usually this goes either of two ways, I pour the glass or I torment myself craving it and fighting that craving. Yesterday I said to myself, yes a glass or two would be lovely but the reason you are alcohol free is because you cant stop at a glass or two, it turns into a bottle or two. Then I thought about having that bottle or two and the consequences, how I would feel after blacking out, not remembering going to bed, the feeling of shame and self loathing the next morning and I compared it to how I feel being AF all week and of course there was no comparison. By the time this internal discussion was over dinner was ready and I sat down with my glass of water! Enjoy the rest of the week-end.

Rustop

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 8

[QUOTE= You don't have to have a lot of sobriety to start it. All you need is willingness.

ok, i will post then! i feel because i am not sober, i should not post. i am not drunk, i have cut down but still feel that i am not in the loop so to speak.

i have had times of AF but find it impossible to do ATM and i dont know why.

i am pleased for all of you that are going AF and see it as an encouragement to do so myself. i [b]can[/b] do it.

roxane

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 8

also, i have just posted on a thread that everyone else involved is off line, hummp. i have a habit of doing this and then losing track of the thread, oh well.

theres an echo in here!

roxane

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 8

roxane.. im in your boat i have cut down went to from red to white went to gym ate better read all the books on life i could "the road lest travelled" scott m peck" and the brilliant the art of loving by enrich fromm it describes life and love and people it explains alchoholics and addicts to a degree.
              all great but i went out last nite no majors no horror stories went for dinner all ok just had one? then went o a pub watched a band got pretty well drunk and came home
              but i still OBSESS ABOUT BOOZE " i think have white not red have beer not cider this is wrong NORMAL FOLKS DONT HAVE THIS TRAIN OF THOUGHT(well dunno what normal is but for me it dosent seem right??)
              just want the obsession to stop!!
              always learning..jonn

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 8

Hi Roxane and Jon

Have either of you tried the supplements, cd's etc? I have stopped and started numberous times in the past year. Once went 6 weeks with nothing but these boards. Am on Day 9 AF now and am noticiing a remarked difference this time re the physical cravings. This time I decided to follow the programme by the book apart from the topa which I am a bit way of. Probably works best for moderation but I think I need to be AF. I dont know whats helping so much maybe the supplements, the cd's, these boards. Any way gugs give it a try, buy the book etc. and take it from there, you can do it. Good luck

Rustop

Comment

Working...
                X