Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help getting started-again

Hi everyone,
    I first posted here several weeks ago, then had some major computer issues,now I'm happy to be back. For a long time, I've been giving myself all kinds of excuses why i'ts not time to quit yet (I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about). Now it's Saturday night and I don't want a hangover in the morning, but of course I want that wine with dinner (which invariably turns into several more at home). Then tomorrow is dinner out with friends who will all be drinking and I'll try to convince myself just a few won't matter.
    Any way, I know we're all ultimately responsible for what we do and don't drink, I just would love some encouragement to start AF. I'm tired of this lifestyle.
    Thanks,
    Aud

Hi Audry!

You are already starting! You have come here, posted and stated you want to go AF in your life. That is a BIG first step. The next ones are difficult, but managable with help. It is SO hard to try and go it alone. So, I guess the best thing to do is start at the beginning.. Are you wanting to do it with/without meds? Have you ordered any of the tools from this site, have you read the book? it is very helpful... The supplements are some of the biggest tools we have have in out box! So many of us have experimented with these supplements and have helpful insights we can give you to help you understand and decide what feels right for you. It takes personal strength to do this - sounds like you have that, but we are in this together, so just let us know what you need.

I am so free when I am not tired.. I have 90% more time, energy and compassion in my life without alcohoil, so it is worth the struggles in the beginning - anything worthwhile is...

Namaste,

MM
    Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

If I woke up everyday and felt after drinking the night before, I would probably keep drinking! The truth is, and day after drinking I am riddled with guilt, anxiety, depression, feelings of worthlessness, and low-self esteem. I cant understand why anyone would want to put themselves through those feelings, its so crazy. I guess like MM said, anything worth while is never easy. Good luck with meeting your goals and keep coming back to MWO, we all share in the same struggle.
      I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Hi Audrey and welcome,
        keep reading and posting. I can only agree with what Meditation said.
        It's a struggle but you can do it. Best wishes. Paula.

Comment

Working...
        X