back to the board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

back to the board

well I made it through day 4 af !!!!!!!!!!!!

bad night last night...first night away from home that wasn't for work or recreation in 13 yrs.....

hard to say goodbye to my son......will pick him up from school today....

an anecdote about drinking that someone told me last night....

"drinking when you are depressed is like peeing the bed to get warm. it's not really going to help."

thanks for the support...
    -maybe, is the new maybe-

Comment

back to the board

through day 5 af!!!!!!

feeling really good right now, physically.....will crash later due to emotionally draining week....

i feel the love from you's guys all the time....

Comment

back to the board

Well done treeman.
        Just keep on going with your AF and things will work out for you.

Much love,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

back to the board

Hi treeman

Nice to meet you. I'm sorry I got in on the thread so late. Sounds like you have been through a horrible week but have handled your troubles with such courage and grace. I know it must have been hard - you're a very strong man.
          I'm glad some of my other friends were around this week to help you out. I'm sorry I wasn't. Please let us all be here for you. Your AF days are remarkable and I hope you are proud of them.
          I hope to meet you in chat soon. I love the saying about peeing it the bed to warm it up. That should be our MWO motto :H

Hang in there, buddy.....................
          Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

back to the board

Treeman,
            I feel for you brother!!
            I have been going though much the same thing.
            But this site and these wonderful people can help us through it!
            I have been married 13 years to a wonderful woman and have 3 kids.
            I have done a lot of wrong to them all because of drinking and now that I have found this focus(MWO!!!) I think that things are going to work out.
            There are a lot of people that are always here to help!
            Some of the best advice that I have been given was to let her read what is going on here!
            It is not just about about quitting but a change in attitude and that what is making a difference in my life !!!
            The LOVE here is infectious and it will spread to your FAMILY and others!!!

Bob

Comment

back to the board

hey everyone....
              back to the board after the weekend....no computer access away from home (nights and weekends)...

7 days AF !!!!!!!! and i'm still alive....lack of beer hasn't killed me......contrary to popular belief....

took my son for the day on sunday....no sitting around drinking beer and watching football...
              had a good time but i could tell that he was sad when i was taking him back home....he asked his mom if i could stay and play baseball before his dinner....we had an extra 1/2 hr together

i mistakenly allowed some bitterness to enter my head over the weekend.....blocked it out and am starting to write things down...

thanks so much for reading my posts and allowing me to vent

Comment

back to the board

Hi Treeman,

Sorry - I'm coming in to this thread rather late too!

You are doing the right thing staying alcohol free at this difficult time.
                Drinking would definitely not help the situation.
                The good news is that you have made it past the worst days. Now it should get easier and easier to stay off the beer (once my poison of choice too!).
                I wish you well - and hope your family situation can be resolved.
                Perhaps your drinking was more of an issue than you had realised, and, if your wife sees you staying AF may be more inclined to sit down and talk some more.

Just know that we are thinking about you and we will be here 24/7 to help in any way we can.

Good luck

Satori
                "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

back to the board

It's comforting to know that lack of beer isn't fatal. Dood job on dealing with the bitterness, I wish I could do the same with some of my issues. Keep going on the sober days.
                  Take care,
                  io
                  "uch: When you kick youreslf in the butt, all you get is a sore butt and a tired foot"

Comment

back to the board

Proud of you treeman.
                    Praying you`ll be back home with your family soon.

Much love,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

back to the board

It must have been a very difficult weekend treeman. But you made it through it magnificently. Glad you got to spend some quality time with your son.

Hard as it is, you are doing the right thing. Stay sober. Stay strong. We are all praying for you.

Come here and vent whenever you want to.
                      Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

back to the board

9 days in a row AF...still don't know how i am getting it done....

focusing on my son....at times i can really start to feel the momentum growing...

support from here is great....

Comment

back to the board

Treeman,

Absolutely fabulous!! Yes, focus on your son. Focus on yourself. Focus.

You are doing really well, keep up the momentum.

xx
                          Cindi
                          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

back to the board

Glad to hear you`re doing so well, treeman.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

back to the board

11 days AF !!!!

now it seems to be getting harder...."oh, now I can handle things and try to moderate again"....

maybe a subconscious craving????

really struggling up until ~8pm....then i just don't feel like going to the store for some beer...

but i am feeling a lot better physically....

:thanks:

Comment

back to the board

Treeman,

Hang in there!! You are doing fabulous.

From reading the posts of the "oldies" who have gone long term, this subconscious craving hangs around a while - and even hits once in a while after long term - but you just beat it back.

Apparently, the desire starts to slack off and become an issue less and less often, though, so it won't be a daily thing after a while.

I believe Chief said after day 14 things really started to get easier for him.

I am only on day 5 AF, so I trailing behind you and really impressed you are doing so well despite how this whole thing unfolded. You are doing the right thing for yourself and your family, especially your son.

:goodjob:

Cindi
                                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X