Newbies in Need - Day 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies in Need - Day 11

Thank you Michael, that helps alot, just to know I'm not out here fighting this "beast" alone!Thank you so much!
    Hugs
    Jen
    Sobriety is like my avatar. It was always right there in front of me but I couldn't see it!

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 11

Just like to say hi and thanks to everyone checking in today - I'm approaching that "witching hour" as I prepare tea this evening - just coming on here and reading all your messages has really helped to strengthen my determination to stay AF today. Thanks everyone!
      AF since 9 May 2012
      Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 11

Good on you Janice! Karbi, I really feel for you. Try not to be too hard on yourself (easily said, I know). We've all done things under the influence that were at best very, very stupid. Shame and guilt are not very helpful when you're trying to quit because they are such uncomfortable and painful feelings, which makes you want to reach for your old 'remedy' to stop the feeling. And that leads to the guilt shame drink guilt shame drink cycle.

You've done your 'time'. Do you think you can try to accept that this doesn't mean your a bad person, just that you did something that maybe wasn't particularly good but in the past? That way maybe you can move away a bit from the guilt and the shame?

Take care all of you.
        Uli

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 11

hi everyone

i'm very new here too. on with day 2 af and feeling edgy and craving but i not giving into it today, i usually crack on day 2 or 3. i want 7 days if i can and stay af over the weekend, but just for today i not going to feed the monster.
          cuddles, hang in there, your where i want to be, at 7 days. so sorry about your aunt, anniversaries are so difficult, paticulary today. i really hope you make it through today af. i know everyone here would be very proud of you, myself included but especially your aunt. one of my best friends was murdered last year and i hope i will be sober when it is the anniversary of her death next year, i certainly wasn't this year, god bless.
          rustop, what did was truly amazing. i know i would not of been able to do that, not at the stage i'm at , at the moment. luckily no alcohol in my house at the mo and my car is off the road. shops only 5/10 min walk away but like i said before the monster ain't getting fed tonight. i keep reading posts and getting ecouragement. stay strong everyone:thanks:
          :l want
          x
          AF since April 8th 2008 :kudos::rays:

Snake....... come crawling,
          There's fire in your eyes,
          Bite me, excite me,
          I'll learn to realize.

The poison transmuted,
          Brings eternal flame.
          Open me to heaven,
          To heal me again.

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 11

It is day 1 for me today. Your right though, you cant look too far down the road.

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 11

Hi Everyone: I got on to the long-term abstinence forum this morning for the first time & asked about drinking thoughts. After 64 days, I didn't think I would be having any, but I do. It isn't exactly craving...just thoughts of drinking going through my mind. I got some really great feedback from some long-term abbers (1 year & more). The thread is title "Just Wondering." It might give some people the advice & encouragement to stay
              AF...it certainly helped me. Good Luck, Mary
              Wisdom, Courage, Strength
              October 3, 2012

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 11

Hi All, It sounds like a lot of motivated Beast Bashers here... You guys are doing great. There is strength in numbers!!! Stay strong and focused. It does get easier, we can never take it for granted, but it does get easier... Don

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 11

Hi all,

I'm not really a "newbie". I've been here for more than a year, but I'm still here reading, accepting advice, and consciously trying to live my live differently--sometimes successfully, but not always. So I still consider myself a "newbie". One thing I stopped doing is counting. But I am so proud of those of you that rack up the days and months and of those of you that just drink a day less than usual. I am so thankful that I happened upon RJ's book and then this website for the support that I have found in this struggle. Thanks for giving me an easy way to connect with everyone today, Janice. Good luck, all.

Julie

Comment

Working...
                  X