X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If at first you don't succeed...try try again

Hi...
    I guess you all know what that means...
    So I'm starting over... at least I didn't go on a bing!!
    Had a few, but that's a few more than I was hoping for...
    Oh well...so like the title...
    If at first you don't succeed...try try again..
    Mike...

Hi Mike,
    You have the right attitude. Just jump right back into this --- you can do it! Good luck. We are here if you need us...

Have a good day!
    Hugs,
    PL

Comment

Good attitude Mike............we`re only ever beaten when we stop fighting. You`ve been doing well........you`ve just had a wee blip. Am confident you`ll do great today.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Mike: I cannot count the number of times I started, slipped, & started again. I did just what you did. I came back here & started again. Then on July 10th, I said "This is it!" So far, so good. I've never felt better. Mary
        Wisdom, Courage, Strength
        October 3, 2012

Comment

Me too Mike. I was doing okay, then Joe went for beer and I fumbled. Sometimes I think I'd do better if he wasn't around. But damn I do luv the man, would it be okay to render him unconscious a week, and get a weeks worth of AF under my belt? :H

But hey, we have to resist ourselves, ultimately.

Comment

Mike, not to worry .. forge ahead in good, solidly sober spiries ... you did well on the prior days, so that tells you and all of us that you can do it again. take care, stay strong and good luck, j
            Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

Yeh, me too Mike. One step forward and two back at the moment. We've just got to keep trying, we can do this! Janicexx
              AF since 9 May 2012
              Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Today is my first day. Sept 11.... I have been beating myself up fro too long with alcohol and I am really sad with my lack of commitement. I have to quit. I want to quit. I am going to do every thing I can to never drink again

Comment

Mike, we are all telling you that, yeh, we all have done it/are doing that slipping thing. But you made some AF days-- GREAT for you. You will just keep on racking them up, yeh, you will slip again, but the trying will keep you making progress. We are all human and we are all working on doing something inhuman-- taking chrge of something that has all the advantages on us.

Good on you and just look ahead. We're all here in the cheeing section rooting for you.
                  Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

janice and rothesay, that was also meant for you. Yay for you guys. Keep fighting!

Hey and WELCOME to you rothesay.
                    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

Keep fighting...All of you! Get focused on defeating that Beast!! You can do it, you want to do it, it makes you mad when you fail, so keep trying! You have to get pissed! We're here for every one of you... Start over...

Comment

Well I started over, starting day 2 again...
                        I guess it''s that day 3 when I start feeling good,
                        I have the ilusion that a few beers are gonna make me feel better!
                        LMFAO...
                        Mike...

Comment

pick up a big stick and hit yourself over the head until you no longer think it's going to make you feel better!
                          It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

There is no reward in a hangover! That is what i tell myself now, I fell down week after week and am now 11 days sober and 9 days AF. Feels good.

Keep at it!
                            Full is not nearly as heavy as empty, my love...
                            Not nearly. -Fiona Apple-

Comment

See what I mean about blunt instruments, Flip?

(good going Mike.. We're all with you.)

Comment

Working...
                              X