Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Anyone??

Another AF day

I'm about to have dinner out with a friend in a little while. I will not cave! Fortunately, he's not much of a drinker so there won't be temptation. Will check back later.

Aud

Comment

AF Anyone??

Good Morning Team!!

Starting day 5 AF for me.

Despite a horrible, stressful, awful evening last night, I did not cave and am feeling stronger for the experience!!

Audrey, let us know how the dinner went. Hope you managed okay.

My gosh, there are so many if I start to list, I'll forget someone and hurt their feelings!! However, I hope we are ALL still on track and riding this one to the end!!

Take care and have a wonderful Friday!

Love,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

AF Anyone??

Well folks I messed up last night. I drank 11 cans of beer and got polluted. I don't feel very good about myself but will NOT use this as an excuse to go on an all weekend bender. Hope everyone else is doing better than me, and best of luck to all. I wanted to keep myself honest here, so there's the truth.
        "uch: When you kick youreslf in the butt, all you get is a sore butt and a tired foot"

Comment

AF Anyone??

Iowa,

I have been on this site since May and have only strung a few days sober together at a time. Today at day 5 AF is close to my record!!

I am going to keep on plowing forward and keep on keepin' on!!

You can, too!!

I am glad you have the right attitude. It shows success is around the corner. Never give up, Iowa, we can beat this!!

Cindi

ps Also, remember, every day AF is a day our bodies have a chance to heal a bit.
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

AF Anyone??

Also, Iowa, you are still in this group!!

Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

AF Anyone??

Iowa - try again! Like I said it took me a long time to get it together but once you rolling it's easier- keep on rolling! Don't punish yourself or say "well, bugger it!" just keep on.

Cindi- keep going!
              Full is not nearly as heavy as empty, my love...
              Not nearly. -Fiona Apple-

Comment

AF Anyone??

To EVERYONE! Hope all is well, I'm on day 21 and feel great. 3 whole weeks- longest in more than 10 years, you just have to keep going until you get it!

Light and strength to you all!
                Full is not nearly as heavy as empty, my love...
                Not nearly. -Fiona Apple-

Comment

AF Anyone??

Hey all
                  Can I join in? I am on Day 20 - go go go everyone!!!
                  Cheers
                  Jenneh
                  Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

AF Anyone??

Jenneh,

Of course you may join in. All are welcome and every addition is just that much more support.

:welcome:

and

:thanks:

Cindi
                    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

AF Anyone??

Hello All!! End of Day 4 for me - bring it on I say........

Welcome Jenneh and well done on your 20!:goodjob:

Hello everyone else too.
                      Had my first night of good sleep last night (actually in the bed with hubby) as I bought him some of that 'Stop Snoring' spray. IT WORKED! Not a peep, so I was snoozing away.

Feeling very good now, so am eager to carry on.

WELL DONE TO EVERYONE - AT EVERY STAGE ON THE THREAD! KEEP IT UP

X
                      Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

AF Anyone??

Hey Iowa,

Sorry to read about your slip. But good to hear your truth. Let us know how you get on over the weekend. We are all here rooting for you. If you feel tempted and need support, just log on. If we aren't around, go to 'Need Help ASAP' and someone will be there for you.

xx
                        Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

AF Anyone??

A big hello to all my buddies,
                          Firstly sorry to hear of your bad night Iowa,it can happen so easily and you will learn from it and carry on.I think you did well to come and tell,the worst thing would be to isolate yourself.I speak from experience.We understand.Hope you feel better tomorrow once the fog has lifted.xx
                          Well i have just got back from a big party.It was so nice held on a farm with a live band ,hog roast, lots of drinkies and friends old and new.I had a lovely time chatting and dancing,and guess what- no wine.I volunteered to drive,it was in the middle of nowhere though!!I ts funny as these type of functions do not bother me in the least.Its the out with the girls on the town and sadly the nights in by myself that are my problem.Any way into day 7 for me.
                          Well done to you all,and so pleased you got some decent sleeps Amelia.
                          Tomorrow is a new day,and new begining xxxxxxx

Comment

AF Anyone??

Hey Wakeupmom, the party you described sounded fantastic. I think its great that you enjoyed the evening fully without the dreaded wine. Yes I know what you mean about nights in on the couch with a bottle........
                            You are heading into day 7, way to go!!!

I had another good snooze last night (which always helps of course) and today I am beginning Day 5.
                            Iowa, how is your weekend going? Have you been able to resume AF?

Hello to everyone else, whatever you are doing, where ever you are, I hope you are all ok.

x
                            Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

AF Anyone??

Amelia/Wakeupmom/ALLTOCOME,

I am heading into day 6 and amazed.

Thanks for starting this Amelia!!

Today will be a big test, have to go to a barbecue B'Day party for my daughter. There will be lots of 20 somethings with lots of beer, I am sure.

I will buy myself a 6-pack of AF Sharps and some lemons (mental because I hate beer but gives me something to pretend with) and stay for as little a time as possible.

We will then bring my granddaughter home with us and I can enjoy a nice quiet evening with the little one.

Hope all have a fun Saturday and meet their goals today.

Cindi
                              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

AF Anyone??

Hey Cindi, Hope the barbecue goes the 'AF' way for you. Sounds like you are on the right track!!
                                x
                                Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Working...
                                X