Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Anyone??

hello there!

Hi there, this is my first time on MWO, I stumbled across it during an evening of insomnia. I am nearly 14months sober in the last 25yrs and I have never felt so good in all my life. I have help with my drinking from fellow sufferers, and I have learned it's one day at a time, and being sober is the best thing that's happened to me.
    I now have my sobriety, a concience and the love of my family back, amongst lots of friends who love me for me. I also have a spritituality which was alien to me, now it is my life.
    I was given 3 months to live over 14 months ago, i now have put the bottle down and found a life beyond my wildest dreams.
    xxx

Comment

AF Anyone??

?

hi... i'm new (like 15 minutes) to this forum. what is AF stand for?

thanks.

Comment

AF Anyone??

Hi 1967 and welcome!!

AF = Alcohol free

Hang around some more!
        Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

AF Anyone??

Alcohol Forum...:H

Comment

AF Anyone??

Hi 1967,
            Welcome, and feel free to ask any more questions! This is a great place with tons of support and flexibility for changing drinking habits.

Comment

AF Anyone??

AF=Alcohol Forum.....:H

Comment

AF Anyone??

Noelle;354625 wrote: Hi 1967 and welcome!!

AF = Alcohol free

Hang around some more!
                what does "tallest member" mean? :thanks:

Comment

AF Anyone??

Noelle is the tallest....6' 7"......... :H

Ripple shoe size 13 ........ :H best foot award.

Comment

AF Anyone??

Great to be here. Caress, thank you for your inspiration. Along with everyone else's assurances that this is possible and transforming I am filled with courage to face to day without AL. I want my old self back. I want to not find the evening terrifying at the thought of not drinking my way through it. What is that fear? I must enter into it. Can I even sleep? I think I only passout. 14 years of this. I think I had 20 days in there somewhere. 2 or 3 here and there. I'm going for 30. Wish me bravery. Purpose. Vision. Imagination.

Comment

AF Anyone??

Thank you, Dolphin! You make me think I can!

Comment

AF Anyone??

I would like to do a month of AL w/you all as well!

Comment

AF Anyone??

I'm in. I've been drinking every day for several years with only a break or two in between due to illness. However, on fathers day I decided I wanted to try to stop for a few days and see what would happen. I'm completley shocked. I'm on day 15 with little to no problems. I've even lost 7 pounds which was really needed. Due to cancer and surgery about 6 years ago, I had radiation treatments which totally screwed up my digestive system. So I don't digest food very well. Plus all the alcohol (lots of calories) I gained about 35 pounds. Yikes!!! Anyway, I lost 7 pounds about 3 months ago then stopped. So, when I quit drinking 15 days ago I lost another 7 pounds and feel completley different. No waking up in the morning to get ready for work and feeling like crap. So, anyone else who wants to try this, jump in. It's very worth it.

Kat

Comment

AF Anyone??

can't believe I came across this on 6/29 !

Hello, I finally decided that I am full of malarky and that my drinking is way out of control, not only am I not fooling myself but I am not fooling my kids either. ughhh..that is the worst. I can usually be AF for a week to week and a half, but then I go straight to guzzle blackout...for a couple, 3-4 days. Usually when the kids are at their Dad's on their weekend, but seems that I can justify a Thurs. or heck any other day sometimes. What is most frightening to me is that one day I might pass out and never get up, and also the times when I am not sure who I talked to, I always and only drink at home alone HELLO major clue. So I started looking online today and found MWO. So please count me in for 30 day AF, I am getting the supps and book and cd sent.
                            workout:chick:mwo2

It's my world to make now...cuz I found my way out.

Comment

AF Anyone??

Morning Amelia and everyone on the thread

Great to hear about so many AF days - Keep going

Good luck to those just starting out

Love Sweetpea :l xx
                              :flower: Keep strong and focused things do get better and you will find your happy :h

Comment

AF Anyone??

I'm in. 2 weeks AF today!
                                sigpic
                                Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
                                X