Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies in Need ODAT

MOW,

Great on you for the new position. How gratifying that must be. No one has ever come and asked me to do something so important. Geez!!

I am happy for you that your daughter is back with you. I know how close I am to my kids and now that they are grown, I still ache to see them every weekend. They tolerate me and let me see them and their children every Sunday. It is a "special day" at my house.

If they ever move away, I will be sooo devastated.

Enjoy every moment with her.

Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Newbies in Need ODAT

Everyone: I just read this thread all the way through. What a gift! Anyone who wants to post on the ODAT thread should...if you slip, there isn't one of us who hasn't. That's why we're here. Mary
      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
      October 3, 2012

Comment

Newbies in Need ODAT

Good Evening all ODATers,

What a wonderful thread. Thank you Rustop for starting it!!!

I have been around MWO for a while with quite a bit of success but, unfortunately, some slips as well. Although I'm technically on day 5 I was happy to see, after checking my calendar, that since Aug 1st I have had wine on 5 occasions only. This is quite a big change for me as at the beginning of the summer I was drinking nightly and couldn't imagine a night without wine. I must admit that those 5 occasion of wine drinking were, in general very unpleasant. I am much happier, more contented and upbeat when not drinking. So why does the wine still have its draw? Heck if I know for sure but at some level I'm sure it relieves some stress momentarily.

I love the idea of ODAT as I do get overwhelmed and have found myself drinking in Sep because I was thinking about the annual Xmas party 4 months away.

It's late and I'm ready for bed already.....don't we all go to bed earlier when not drinking...... I wanted to re-introduce myself and hop onboard with you folks.

See you tomorrow.

Janet

Comment

Newbies in Need ODAT

Okay I'm starting over again. Day one tomorrow. Arg. It's okay, I will do this, I know. I just have to know my limitations. I threw away the whiskey tonight, and will tell my husband when he comes back into town that there is no hard liquor allowed in the house. I don't have (much) of a problem with red wine, so he can buy bottles of that if he wants. I hope he doesn't think I'm weird or forever weak. I do know I will have self-control after a period of "drying out." Isn't that what's expected? After a certain amount of time AF we can all be "normal" again? It's not like I've ALWAYS been obsessed with alchohol. Okay, lots of the time, but still.... SO One day at a time, eh? Sounds good... tomorrow night we'll see. I will post at bedtime every night no matter what!! I love the success stories. I know I can get there too.:new:

Comment

Newbies in Need ODAT

Mokigirl - Wlecome to this happy band of pilgrims!!! I wih you all the success with your journey - you sound really on top of it in your post. Keep reading it to yourself! That's you! Brililant!

Janet - welcome back....I remember you a wee while back and the name! The best best to you too... you've been doing great and if the 5 times weren't great - well, that's something to help you along. I guess it's about finding something else to give that little bit of 'let go' when the going gets tough. Somewhere along the line, those of us (me too) who didn't particularly like/obsess about booze still didn't find anything else to 'relax with' so, the booze stayed where others were 'lucky' (yes, possibly just that) to find another outlet. Possibly just from association....I always say that if a cup of tea had been associated with relaxation I'd have happily gone with that but it acutally reminded me of everything to do with my family that was stressful so.......!! But I'm making new associations now and it's good! (Even if tea probably wont ever float my boat!!!!)

Love and luck to everyone - team spirit will win out!!
            Love
            FMF xx
            :heart: c: :heart:
            "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Working...
            X