Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Newbies in need ODAT

Mary,

Giving up is not an option. Drinking has and will always make my life hell. This 51 year old body won't make it to 62 if I don't quit now.

Thanks for being there and being such an inspiration. Have fun tonight and be so very proud of yourself!!

Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

first timer

Hi guys,

I have not had a AF day yet, but I am going to try. I am mother of two, 42 yo and desperate to quit. I am hoping the support may help me. Any advice is appreciated.

Have a good weekend:new:

Comment

Sorry - it went in twice again before I finished...so deleted! See below!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        :heart: c: :heart:
        "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Oh boy..this thread is so tender and loving - it moves me.... You guys are the best.

Cindi - you're being so brave - panick attacks? Ugh. So been there. They're awful but you coped. Be proud. You've coped with hotels and gigs and stuff.....brilliant. You'll get 'new, improved coping' as you go on - trust it.

Mary - such strong resolve You deserve to 'win'..... I so hope your evening was good.

Nela - welcome to you. Join in - down load the book - read and post - know that your desire is possible. One day at a time - one minute at a time! Leave that first drink in the bottle and the rest will stay in there with it!

Magic- your hand = :upset: What a lovely thing..... I borrowed a finger...hope you don't mind!

Everyone on the first page.....hello...... keep losing you if I go back to type your names so just saying hello and it's so good to be reminded of things and hear your news..... Yes, thinking it through works for me! Tonight I tried AF wine (I'd never have dared for ages in case it 'set me off'!! I was that scared!) and it was....Nothing. Boring. So what? Foul actually! What about the 'real' stuff? No thanks. Went back to my soda!! Content.

Um, whoever is being made to feel a leper?....don't believe it! You're not! Stick here and do it with us!

Thanks for getting me to this place above..... this place is fab.

Love FMF xx

Comment

I don't think this ODAT thing is working for me. I think I need the challenge, commitment and discipline hanging over me that an AF no of days target gives me - if that makes sense?? With ODAT I know it sounds daft, but I feel as if I'm giving myself the "go ahead" to drink and that I can start again tomorrow. Not been a good few days really.

Janicexx
            AF since 9 May 2012
            Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

first time

hi guys,

just wanted to interduce myself! I am 42 with two kids and have drinking problem. I have tried AA but did not feel comfortable. I realize how much in common I have with all of you. I just ordered the book and CD pack.

any comments are appreciated

Comment

Whenever the Beast puts a glamorous picture in my mind of me having a nice, relaxing drink, I always fast forward that same picture to one of me drinking to excess, smelling of alcohol, eyes all red, sick the next morning, feeling so guilty about caving, reeking of stale alcohol, etc.
                If I just take control for that one moment and paint "the real" picture, the desire for a drink seems absurd.

Don

Comment

Janice - yes, I can see what you're meaning.....should we make sure the 30 day Challenge keeps alive and energised? Whatever you're needing we'll help set up and support.... you can do this YOUR way.... Your way is important.

Let us know what you need Janice.

Love and hugs and I hope the next few days go better for you...

FMF xx

Comment

Janice, you keep on coming back thats the main thing. I'm on a 30 Day goal and nearly there. I will be starting another 30 Day goal on 1st October. There is a 30 Day thread under Booze Busters thats fun so join us in that.

Rustop

Comment

Hi Nela - 42 yo mom here too...
                      just keep reading, posting, and KNOWING that you are better off without the booze...
                      FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

Welcome Nela!

It's a good place to be!

How old are your kids? Are you home with them?

I stayed home with mine and found the isolation very hard as well as the lack of adult conversation. A critical, controlling husband didn't help much.

All that has changed, though.

I'm so glad you're here, keep reading and post some more so we can get to know you better!

Again, welcome!

magic xx
                        ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
                        I am in the next seat.
                        My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

Janice;201424 wrote: I don't think this ODAT thing is working for me. I think I need the challenge, commitment and discipline hanging over me that an AF no of days target gives me - if that makes sense?? With ODAT I know it sounds daft, but I feel as if I'm giving myself the "go ahead" to drink and that I can start again tomorrow. Not been a good few days really.

Janicexx
                          i know what you mean Janice. i nearly caved in tonight, but thank god i didn't. ODAT seems not enough but 30 af days seems too much. idealy, i want to be af forever, so when i think of that ODAT is good for me but i'm finding i'm drinking by day 3 or 4.
                          i've never given myself or life a chance since i was 13 because of alcohol, i'm now 37 with zero self esteem.

anyway, starting to ramble. i'm going to try for 14 days af and then take it from there, join me if you like, i'm still going to come on this thread though.
                          i hope your days improve Janice.

want
                          :h
                          AF since April 8th 2008 :kudos::rays:

Snake....... come crawling,
                          There's fire in your eyes,
                          Bite me, excite me,
                          I'll learn to realize.

The poison transmuted,
                          Brings eternal flame.
                          Open me to heaven,
                          To heal me again.

Comment

Hey Want.......

Almost morning at your house, just wanted to say that you never ramble and

GOOD FOR YOU! another AF day!!!!!!!! :exclaim2:

FMF......any of you can have both of my hands any time you need them. I'm a good hugger too. :hug:

For those of you going to sleep soon.......sweet dreams.

For those of you waking soon.....blow a kiss to the sun and make her smile!

m. xx
                            ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
                            I am in the next seat.
                            My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

Working...
                            X