Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm new here and would like some help

Hello Dear Members,
    i did not drink for last 10 days due to some religeous function(like "lent") which i every year follow.after finishing these 10 days relegious function i again started drinking and all those trobles which i use to face after drinking again started now i again feel helpless.when you think of not to drink you don't drink till these thoughts are strong in your brain once they start diluting you again go back to your old routine.now i feel helpless god knows whether i will be able to stop drinking .............?

Comment

welcome

Dillip and all others, hello!:welcome: You are in the right place, doing the right stuff!! We are all here for you so just ask..............detoxing can be dangerous, I have seen that said too many times, so dillip be careful and if you feel really bad, get to a doctor if you can and tell them what is happening..............
      We are here for you!!!

Love and hugs, have a great day:h :l

MA
      :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Dilip - if you are able to do 10 days alcohol-free due to your religious function, I think you have a good chance to decrease your consumption in general. Can you perhaps start by trying to set a limit on a daily basis and decreasing it gradually?

I still feel you should read the book that we all talk about because it really explains things and suggests ways in which to tackle our problem.

I wish you well.

Comment

thanks twany for your advise, i will set a compalsory limit of per day drinking for next 15 days and i will see how i feel for another 15 days.though nowadays i drink in limit i.e 180 ml per day only at evening time i get moderate depression during day time when whithdrawals starts i.e.from 9.a.m to 4.p.m.after 4 p.m.my depression goes probably because i again starts at 6 p.m.. on sat and sunday my consumation goes double i.e at afternnon time as well as evening time this i have to controll.i will do my best and inform you about the progress after 15 days thanks once again twany.

Comment

Thanks for the report!

Twany, thanks for the progress report, please do keep us posted as to the tapering after 15 days, I wish you luck, and we all care and would love to help in any way

Good luck and keep us posted as to how you are feeling, we really DO care!:l

Love,:h

MA
            :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

hello,
              i started to drink with limit i.e.only 180 ml per day at night time from 1/11/07.i maintained this limit till date except on weekend i.e on sat & sunday where i drank both the time,afternnon and night time.180 ml & 180 ml.though i have set alimit iam still getting mild depression particularly in the moening session why is it so ? can any body tell me how to tackle this problem.now i further decided to to drink alternative days.with the present situation i can unserstand that it is not so easy to get rid of this long habit.it is long processs one has to go through.

thanks

Comment

dilip - it was nice to meet you in chat tonight.
                Have you been able to make any progress?
                You will have to fight the depression without alcohol,
                or see a doctor to balance the depression.

Please keep us posted on how you are.
                Dx
                * * I love Determinator * *

Comment

Working...
                X