Mad at myself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mad at myself

Auntie. a belated :welcome: from me .....

Well done on your AF days, it feels good doesn't it .....

Keep it up ...:l
    sigpicXXX

Comment

Mad at myself

Hi auntie, I can't imagine life without beer. Like you, I have a position in a hospital that requires fortitude, concentration, and strict adherence to patient care. I have been drinking for as long as I can remember. I could not go one day without a twelve pack of ice cold beer. Unfortunately, as my ex would say that beer turned me into a monster. I'm now on day 4 AF and I'm determined not to allow alcohol ruin what I have left in this world. Great job and family. Hopes and prayers. I just remind myself of what I have lost and so far it has been working.

Comment

Mad at myself

Thanks Betty and John! We all need all the support we can. It's SO hard!! Like right now I'm getting ready to leave work...yes, I sometimes have to work Saturdays too...and am thinking about buying some red wine and taking kudzu when I get home to see if that will blunt my desire for drinking too much. I don't know how fast that works though and I should probably just stay AF. I really don't want to ruin my record now do I?!!
        AF since Jan. 25th, 2011 :thumbs

Comment

Mad at myself

So dont!!!........you KNOW you don`t need that red wine.........Sat night ain`t gonna be any better because of wine now, is it?? lol

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Mad at myself

Thanks Star! You are so right. I will not have it!

Comment

Mad at myself

Clever auntigriselda!!! Proud of you!!

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Mad at myself

Thanks again dear Starlight! I'm safely at home sans wine and plan to check out the hypnosis cd. This little voice in my head keeps saying it'll be OK to have just a glass. But it isn't. I love this site!

Comment

Mad at myself

Auntie -- we started the same day but I slipped and am I day 4 (campral in hand this time & I needed to taper) I felt awful after my slip! I realized that alot of it had to do with my boyfriend and how I was reacting to our situation -- I needed to have a long talk to him... he has been very understanding (Starlight thank you for you advice on that one)
                  Auntie -- take a hot bath! drink hot tea!!! take it from this frog!

Comment

Mad at myself

Thanks Baby Girl. Today is day 13 and I'm past the craving now. I'm going to enjoy the evening with the hypnosis cd and a cup of the calming tea!!
                    I'm glad you got the med and are back on track. Isn't it funny how much more understanding others are than we sometimes? My boyfriend was very understanding and has even cut down on drinking himself. He said he would support me all the way. I will be thinking about you!

Comment

Mad at myself

Yay!!!! Enjoy the tea / CDs ... hope to hear from you tomorrow! Baby

Comment

Mad at myself

Auntie...that "little voice in your head" is the BIG, BAD, Beast and he will kick your ass in a New York minute! Recognize it for what it is...the enemy. Day 13 is fantastic! You don't want to give that up. Keep up the good work...

Don

Comment

Mad at myself

Thanks Chief!! Not sure I could have gone this far without all the support here. It's absolutely fantastic. I'm so glad I found this site!

Comment

Working...
                          X