Well done yourself, wakeupmom!!!!!!!

m. xx
    ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
    I am in the next seat.
    My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

Newbies in Need ODAT Tuesday

My first entry

I found this site today while I was researching about alcohol addiction.It runs in my family and seems to have run right into me. I'm taking my first baby steps towards quitting, which feels quite daunting when I think about the role this stuff has played in my life. I can probably count on one hand how many AF days I've had in my adult life. A really frightening notion. Sometimes, my body is in physical pain after a binge and this scares me. It literally feels like I'm hurting myself. So today, I made contact with a Recovery Program for an interview. Might as well get the ball rolling. This whole addiction thing is draining me and frankly, I'm tired of it. I know I'm naiive about this and will ost likely fail a few times, but finding this site instantly made me feel better-I've been hiding this thing for so long. Hope to be in touch along the way...:new: Ash

Comment

Rustop, Magic, Phoneix & W-Upmom - thank you. Yesterday and today the weather has been awful in the south-east of England, so dark and miserable.....it certainly does have an affect on how you're feeling generally, so I sympathise with you magic.

Well I might be wandering around an empty house all on my own W-Upmom but it does mean I'll be able to watch Donny Osmond in peace on TV tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My childhood hero!!!! Three years ago I had an umbilical hernia operation on the Friday and had tickets for Donny at Warwick Castle on the Sunday. I made my husband still take me, my consultant couldn't believe it....and I had this long walk from the car park up to the castle........it was worth it though....got him out of my system after 30 years!!! "And they called it....Puppy Love....."
        Sorry guys, I'm losing it big time!!! I promise I haven't had a drink!!!!! See what being Af for 2 days does to me!!! love and thanks to you all, Janicexxxxx

" I cry each night, my tears for you....my tears are aaaaalll in vaaaaaain....
        I hope and I pray thaaat maybe some daaaaay, yoooou'll be back in my arms once aaaagain,
        Someone help me, help me, help me pleeeeaaase.......""

Sorry, can't stop singing now......
        AF since 9 May 2012
        Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Ash, Hello and :welcome:

Look forward to seeing you around

Comment

Ash, welcome to MWO. When I first found this site, it was such a relief knowing I wasn't alone and if you keep reading and posting here, you will find it a major part of your recovery programme. Good luck!! Janicexxx
            AF since 9 May 2012
            Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Thats the spirit Janet,sing your heart out!!xx
              Welcome Ash,good for you for making that first move.I know that can be such a relief in itself.Stay close -some great comfort around here.xx
              Thank you Majic xx

Comment

Louder Janice, I can't hear you!

Welcome Ash!

m. xx
                ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
                I am in the next seat.
                My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

Hi Ash. Alcohol addiction runs in my family too so finding this site has been a welcome relief. I have only been AF for 2 days but I'm truly hoping this does the trick. If not from all the support, I know I can come back without beating myself up too much. I just ordered the vitamins and the book and hope they get here before the weekend. That might be just the thing I need to actually make it through a weekend without a drink. Good luck on beating this.

Comment

last night was bad

Way too much, one of the worst nights ever. I hate this emotional roller coaster. I keep wishing I could learn to moderate. Actually I haven't done that badly in recent months, until lately. I tried abstinence before and found that I obsessed about drinking. It was a constant source of stress.

I probably should do the hypno CDs religiously.

Comment

Nancy,

I am sorry to hear you had a bad night. It does seem like things are slipping out of control for you. I've noticed a change in your posts lately.

You know we don't care if you choose mods/af, that is not what this whole thing is about.

However, I truly hope you can find a path that you are comfortable and happy with. Perhaps AF for some short while? 2 weeks maybe? Just to show who is the boss.

I don't know. I'm not very good at this, myself. I know AF is the only chance for me but I am just hoping you can find a place you feel comfort with. Whatever it may be.

Hang in there and keep trying. Something will click. It is the not trying and giving up that will get you in the long run.

Cindi
                      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Nancy
                        Sorry to hear you may be struggling?We all have our bad days.You have done so well and have been an amazing contributor.Just stay close and it is just another hurdle-HugsN XX

Comment

Working...
                        X