Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEWBIES IN NEED ODAT FRIDAY

Hi cowga,
    again, just remember you know you can get that strength to do it again.
    Teardrop.x
    family is everything to me

Comment

thanks teardrop and teacher!! I am going to try to get back into AA, like you said, I can take what I want and leave the rest, I always get totally in and feel like I have to change my whole life (which is SCARRY!!) They tell me to leave my husband cuz he drinks alot etc.........that is just what makes me go back to drinking, the fear!!!

Thanks for encouragement, that is what I need and love you all for:h :h

I will check in later, for everyone I miss good luck on Friday, and I hope I can depend on my computer to check in this weekend, if you don't hear from me it is just for that reason only:thanks:

Thanks again

Bye for now, MA
      :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Hi all. I haven't been posting the past few days, but I have been AF for a few days. Last drinking day was Monday. Not drinking during the week has been getting rather easy for me the past couple of weeks. BUT the GD weekend! And as I said before, the days my daughter goes to her dad's seem to be impossible to not drink. This weekend she goes to him Saturday night, I'll be all alone ...

And part of me feels like if I'm only drinking 2-3 nights a week it's no big deal... go for it.
        However - next week I plan to begin a strict diet to rid my body of candida, and must eliminate all sugars (wine, beer, booze). I'm going to see a naturopathic doctor monday to help me with the candida regimine.
        I'll never get over the candida until I am absolutely 100% AF. I think having yet another motivator will help.

Meanwhile.... It's Friday and I will not drink today!!
        FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

I have faith!

I think we can all do it today, good luck to everyone staying AF tonight!!!! I will try to check in this weekend, and may drink, but don't intend to today!

HUGS AND KISSES!!!!

MA
          :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

It's Friday evening and a real struggle for me......
            I know there are so many of us who are just trying to get through tonight and that is what I'm determined to do. I have a tremendous backache today (was it you Cowgirl who had one yesterday????) That has always been a real trigger for me as in some way alcohol is a painkiller (both pyhsical and emotional). I always permitted myself wine by promising myself that it was for"medicinal purposes".

I know that I could easily down 4-6 glasses of wine and would tomorrow wake up with a backache and a headache to boot. So........I promise I will not have any alcohol tonight. I don't know about tomorrow but tonight I will have NONE.

For anyone struggling too please know that you are in good company,

I'll be happpy to check-in tomorrow at day 6.
            Then I'll deal with staying AF on day 6 ........

Janet

Comment

No one has talked about smoking. Does this affect anything. I thought I would stop smoking too. What do you think. When I think about it it might not be to bad, most of the time I only smoke when I drink.

Comment

Working...
              X