Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEWBIES IN NEED ODAT SATURDAY

Thanks for starting the thread Janice.

In the last six months I have made a lot of improvements but if I see myself slipping back I get scared. Such was the case earlier this week. So it's an AF week for me. Though I have made improvements I can't remember many if any weekends with no alcohol, so this may be a first. I figure, drinking to the point of drunkenness is no fun for me. What a waste of money, calories, days off etc. There's no point. So I don't feel badly about not having any this weekend, just relieved. Maybe I am stubborn, but I still want to moderate.

Garden Girl: Welcome back. I hope you will listen to what janice said and trust that this site needs to support everyone through good and bad times. You have this 2-day block going on but there must be a way through it and I hope you find it.

As for the question about supplements, I take:

1 multivitamin
    Fish oil, Omega 3
    Was taking milk thistle
    Kudzu when I go out on social occasions
    Magnesium/Calcium/Vitamin D

I should be taking B complex as well but I ran out

Comment

Janice: You said it so well. We do need each other. This is not a competition. That's why I stopped counting. Yes, I keep DrinkTracker, but I don't want to declare a specific count at this point in my recovery. It just puts too much pressure on me. GG: We can do this together. Since I'm quite a bit older than you are, I've probably slipped many, many more times than you have. The thing I've noticed lately is that when I do slip, my slips are fewer & less severe. Mary
      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
      October 3, 2012

Comment

Happy Saturday All,

I did make it last night so feel good to be at day 6 but I know tonight will be really tough!!!!! I know my husband will want to go out to dinner and usually encourages me to have wine with him. He does not have a problem with alcohol and doesn't understand when I say i don't want to start. If I say no he will certainly understand so,truth be told, he is not the problem. The problem is my determination to stay AF. I always get to about day 6or so and convince myself that I really don't have a "problem" So the Saturday mental "dance" has begun.......My brain will dance around with alcohol/AF options and scenarios. I will make promises to myself .....I'll only have 2......only drink in restaurants.....only drink in the living room .....while standing on one foot ....etc etc.......

Garden Girl, please keep coming back and posting whether you drink or not. We all struggle here and if only the "succesful days" were posted about this would not be such a valuable site. Remember that this is like learning to ride a bike. We keep falling and falling but if we keep trying one day we'll just take off and never look back.

I won't say hello to eveyone personally right now as the day is still warm and beautiful and I promised myself I'd do some yard work. While i'm working though I'm going to try some mental rehearsing for tonight.

I'll be back

Janet

Comment

Janet - I can so relate to the "mental dance". It's that inner voice telling us what we want to hear - that we don't have a problem, from now on it will be different, only drink weekends - but the thing is if we didn't have a problem that "dance" wouldn't even enter our heads.

Good luck tonight, be strong and you'll feel great tomorrow.

Janicexxx
          AF since 9 May 2012
          Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Thanks for all the positive comments, I know I should post even if Ive failed but I think my self esteem is so low when I dont manage that I just cant post. Anyway, af today and tomorrow will take it odat. I wish I could see inside my head and work out why, when I feel a craving I dont come on here instead of just giving in and buying the alcohol, I think its because that inner voice doesnt actually want to be persuaded to not get a drink. I will try and make myself come on here the next time I am struggling and see if it makes the difference. Hope everybody has a good night and I will be back tomorrow. GGXX

Comment

Hey there everyone!!

It is Sat, and thanks Janice for opening today, I have been running around today, gym, cleaning working on a painting, now off to a barn party which I know will have alcohol, so I probably will drink, I did last night too, so the support instead of snubbing is WONDERFUL!! That is what I love about MWO, just wish I had more time to write and read today, I really HAVE been crazy busy.......................

Thanks for all the support everyone!! and KUDOS to those who did well last night and will today, I am determined, like I told someone earlier, that I WILL do at least 30 days soon!!

Love and hugs to you all, and again thanks for your support!! :h

MA
              :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Hi everyone, I had a very moving/sad day at work, but also a very rewarding experience.
                I sat for a long time with an old lady who was dying, until her family could get to her, I
                just sat and held her hand, she died as her family entered the room.They were so pleased
                that she was not alone. If I had been drunk or hungover I could not have helped today.
                Odat,was good for me today.
                I take L.glutamin, kuzdu eve primrose. supps.
                Hope you all have a good sunday.
                Love.Paulaxx

Comment

Working...
                X