Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello All

Hi All

I am reasonably new to this site, I have only posted once but have only posted once as I was still drinking and did not feel it appropriate.

I have been drinking heavily for the past two years, a 700ml bottle of wine followed by half of a 700ml bottle of bourbon EVERY night. I am a 39 year old female weighing 62kg (so that was a fair amount of alcohol to be tucking away each night.)

I am day two AF and feeling really confident, I had a crappy night sleep last night, sweating profusely and dreaming heaps but I know this is par of the course.

I look forward to being part of MWO and learning and getting support from all the incredible people who are part of this site.

Cheers
    Trillby

Hello All

:welcome: Trillby!

Good start with your 2 days being alcohol free. It will only get better with time. I remember my first few days and the lack of sleep from the withdrawal. I would suggest taking melatonin, gravol or herbal tea that helps with sleep.

Glad you found us! Hope to see you around the boards.:l

Comment

Hello All

Welcome Trillby,

Listen.....this is not a site designed for only "Perfect People", though there are a few of us here, we are rare! LAMO! I was completely kidding with that last statement! My point is, you are always welcome here, you will always be treated without judgment. We are here to support each other through the process of sobriety and life.

Well done on your 2 days AF......I wish you well with conquering this demon that pretends to be our secret best friend.

I look forward to your post's, and getting to know you!

A Warm Welcome,
      KateH
      A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Hello All

Trilby: I've been here at MWO since April. I have some struggles but have had more success than I've ever had before. Keep coming & posting. Mary
        Wisdom, Courage, Strength
        October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
        X