alternative to topamax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alternative to topamax

Is there any alternative to the Topamax that does not have such a drastic stupid affect? I can not work if I am severly slow minded. I was hoping like a supplement. I have all of the supplements suggested in the book. I was hoping that there was an alternative to the topamax that can wipe the thoughts of alcohol out of my brain. I am new and I can only go af for one day at a time. I am looking for something that can help me break that one day hurdle.

alternative to topamax

Hi Alby,

Well, I don't know the answer. However, I just started taking Topamax 25mg last night. I have no desire to drink or eat. I recieve my free trial suppliement yesterday and did take that last night and this morning. My doctor has me taking only one tab of the Topamax @ bedtime. From what I have read, it seems that so many are on much higher doses that I am. Perhaps that might be an answer, I don't know. Like I said, I am fuzzy but I'm not too bad. I am hopeful that this affect will lesson with time. I'm sure going to give it my best shot.

I don't know if this helps. Take care!!!!

Comment

alternative to topamax

one of my friends says she is on chantix and another is on lithium orotate which i'm starting. but i'm on topamax which after awhile should calm down. even my dr takes about 75 to 100 day for migranes and she is a md.
      :welcome:

Comment

alternative to topamax

i had to go up to 225 so until it settles in i'm having the topa dopa syndrome for a bit. oy veh

Comment

alternative to topamax

Alby, I don't take topa (adverse reaction) But L- glutamine in high does 3x's a day seem to work for me.
          Smiles
          Mar

Comment

alternative to topamax

I had some luck with campral. Not many side effects.

Comment

alternative to topamax

ok. Thanks. has anyone ever heard of Neu-be-calm?

Comment

alternative to topamax

Alby,

I Googled it and these are the ingredients:

Calcium (Citrate) 100 mg
                Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxal 5 Phosphate) 2 mg
                Folic Acid (Folate) 200 mcg
                Magnesium (chelate, oxide) 50 mg
                D/L-Phenylalanine 600 mg
                L-Glutamine 300 mg
                5 HTP (5 Hydroxy Tryptophan) 10 mg

Read MWO, these supplements are all discussed in there and you can probably purchase them my cheaper than through this supp. Actually, RJ recommends much higher doses than in this supp.

Cindi
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

alternative to topamax

I wondered this too, I understand it is not available in the UK and I dont feel confident to buy it online - has anyone from the UK bought it?

Comment

alternative to topamax

Based on what I read and my experience and my wife's, the Topa effect varies greatly. Fairly minor for me and my wife so far- into week 3 at 75 mgs per day.
                    ?If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.? -Wayne Dyer

Comment

alternative to topamax

Hi Alby

Everyone seems to react very differently to topa. Why not just give it a try - dose up very slowly. I had some topa dopa effects but not too bad and they did mostly go away. Now I am on 100 mg, find it very helpful, and don't have any problems with it.

If you don't want to use the topa, the L-glutamine and kudzu are extremely helpful - go ahead and use high doses of glutamine and I take 1200 mg per day of kudzu. See what works best for you.
                      Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

alternative to topamax

Some of the members have said that they did very well on very low-dose topa.
                        I can't remember who though, maybe Java?

Chantix is another though it seems to have some of its own bad side effects.

Naltrexone is an option, or monthly Vivitrol shots.

Comment

alternative to topamax

:new:Hi everybody, I've been on Topamax for 11 months now, 125mg daily, and I seem to battle with my mood swings, they still have not stablised, I started running every morning, as my nuerologist suggested that it would help me to feel better, and it helped with my mood, but then it got to winter, and I got sick and I could not run, and ended up feeling really crappy again, sometimes I feel like I'm going crazy. Does anyone else experience such highs and lows while being on the drug?

Comment

Working...
                          X