Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

River Pharmacy - reliable source for Topa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello All -- My doc is fabulous and he prescribed Topa for me -- been on it for 1.5 weeks and am up to 100 mg now. At first there was some scuffle from my insurance co -- seems they refuse to cover it for certain reasons (e.g., problem drinking, weight loss) but will cover it for others (e.g., epilepsy). Meantime, I paid out of pocket (SO eager to get started!) $150 and then ordered more from River Pharmacy as a backup (cheaper). By now my savvy doc has gotten the insurance co to cover it, but I am still awaiting the River Pharm package. My doc said it's *probably* ok -- meaning "really" Topa -- but of course the risk is mine. I am going to take it in, next visit, so he can actually take a look at the pills. One other thought -- rapala -- if you are on other meds it really makes sense to have your doc keep an eye on you; have you checked to see if there are any interaction effects with the Topa? (I'm sure the Topa threat referred to earlier has some info on this). Oh, yes, and one more thought. For those of you who aren't crazy about your doctor -- why don't you shop around and get another one? I finally found a great doc who uses a combo of Eastern and Western medical philosophies and I just trust and respect him immensely. Makes a big difference in caring for oneself if you have a doc you respect. Good luck to all!

Comment

Of course, above I meant "Topa thread" and not "threat." Freud would love it!:H

Comment

Hi mom of three -- Me too. Anyway ordered from River Pharmacy Sept. 30 and have received e-mail that it was shipped but have not received my meds. I am going to try topamax and modafinil together. First I want to try the topamax just to see what side effects I may have; then the modafinil. Anyone tried both? I understand the modiafinil will help with the dopa feeling. I am going to try anyway, but would love to hear how the combo works for you out there too.

Comment

thanks.. I think I will wait until I go back to my doc to talk about the topa... Right now she is more on my case to just talk to a counselor so I can start feeling less depressed.. and then next month work more pointedly on the drinking... ........ I guess the main question to answer is do I drink because I feel depressed or do I feel depressed because I drink..

that seems like which came first the chicken or the egg.....:H
          :sigh:

Comment

Thank you to all you members who repsonded to my question. I started the supplements yesterday and the cd's today - so far so good. I didn't want to wait for the topa - but I got through the weekend with 3 drinks total. Feeling encouraged and hopeful with the program.

To blondie girl - you are so right about finding a good doctor. Why do we put up with these jerks for so long? I am going to investigate finding someone more open minded. Thank you!

Comment

This is the first time I have posted but have been a "lookey-loo" for about a month. I am going to my doctor tomorrow with my husband to get off effexor. I don't like it. I am nervous to start a new medication but I am ordering the starter pack today. I may go a couple of days or a week, but always come back to the booze. My Husband and I fell into the bottom of a bottle about a year ago for 6 or 7 months. He has seemed to quit with no problem. I am lingering, and I am worried for my 2 and 9 year old.
              "In our obsession with original sin, we often forget original innocence........." St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Hi Rowan!
                Glad you posted and a warm welcome to you. I've only been on this board a few days, but it has already made a world of difference - so much love and support and good information. I don't know too much about meds - but I hope everything goes well for you tomorrow and that you get some relief. We all know what it's like at the bottom of that bottle and how hard it can be to climb out. You're not alone!

Let us know how it goes......

:h Wonder

Comment

Thank you so much for your welcome! I will be posting tomorrow afternoon with the update, hopefully on my way to being off these damn antidepressants. :thanks:
                  "In our obsession with original sin, we often forget original innocence........." St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Hello!

I was just lurking and thought I'd pop in with my experience. I ordered from River Pharm with no problems. I thought it was a little expensive but last week I got a prescription from my MD and with insurance it was $40 for 30 pills, so River P. is actually a better deal for me. I stopped at 100 mg daily and am up to 71 days AF.

It was an interesting visit with the doctor because I told her about my "experiment" in treating myself for alcohol abuse. I had tried several different avenues before MWO. Anyhow, she approved. I also take Lexapro and Klonipin with no problem with the Topa.

I suffer from depression and anxiety problems. I have felt sooooo much better without the alcohol. My family has noticed a HUGE difference in my behavior and mood.

Hope this helps someone!

V.

Comment

Working...
                    X