Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thank you all for making me feel so welcome!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone

I feel better already. I didn't receive the book yet but I am really looking forward to it. I went on the web site to learn more and found this forum (community). I feel welcome already. I ordered the book on amazon after all the good reviews and went to the web site to see if I could get a jump start. This forum helped a lot!! Thank you sooo much:wow:

I lost my family and my best friend because of my drinkinking:upset: . Now I feel like I may have found some new ones. I hope I dont let you guys down as well. Thanks again for such a warm welcome

Buddha27

Buddha, I lost a lot when I was drinking too. I lost my family and real friends... just to give you some faith here, it was only temporary. Once I got on track and made amends to those I hurt, I was surprised at how forgiving they were.

For those who still harbour ill-will; well, I did my best to mend the fence so the ball is in their court. All you can do is move forward. Don't worry about everyone else right now. Focus on you. It is time to be 'so-called' selfish and get well. Everything else will start to fall into place when it is suppose to.

Comment

I've lost a lot too (no need to get into it now) but gained a lot here. I am happy you feel welcome here buddha, because you really are. Hope to see a lot of you.
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

buddha,
        Our drinking has cost us all dearly........some of which can be redeemed and some not.
        What we do have is the rest of our lives ahead of us, and once we put down the booze, it truly is a wonderful life.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Hi buddha!

I've only just joined this forum in the past few days myself and it's a great outlet for airing your thoughts and feelings. I feel right at home here talking about my drinking issues as well as other matters. Don't be afraid of posting anything that's on your mind. I get the impression everyone here is open minded to others' ways and means of dealing with their own sobriety etc. The good thing, as well, is I find there is a good mix of people on here from all over the world, so any time of day or night you post you are bound to get a response quite quickly!!. I've got an addictive personality so I gotta watch how long I spend on this forum otherwise I'll be replacing alcohol with the MWO forum soon!!

Get stuck in and start posting!!

Love and Happiness
          Hippie37 xx
          "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
          Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Hey welcome, good luck on your journey. Kimbo
            Yesterday I dared to struggle. Today I dare to win!!

Comment

Working...
            X