back from 4 day detox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

back from 4 day detox

man it feelsd so good to have aeven a few days of sobrity under my belt. i start intensive outpatients tonite, its 4 days a week, 3 hrs a nite, damn life is good. keep u all posted.

back from 4 day detox

great

I WISH I could check myself into a 4 or 90 day facility, just to get away from the temptation, I am sooooooooooo excited for you and your new life, hope you do well, wish I could, but am determined to.

Love ya!!:h :h
    :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

back from 4 day detox

Sounds good to me Fammy.
      Congrats on your AF days!!
      Best wishes.
      Sounds intense, but productive.
      Looking forward to reading about how you are getting along.
      Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

back from 4 day detox

Welcome Back Fammy,
        You should very optimistic after getting out of detox. IOP Rehab should be very helpful. Keep up the good attitude!
        Marcie

Comment

back from 4 day detox

Welcome back and good luck.

Comment

back from 4 day detox

Welcome back and good luck!!!

Comment

back from 4 day detox

thanks everybody, u guys started me on this journey so it is all of u whom i have to thank. and to anyone who is considering going Af, if u have insurance and u want to detox.....FRICKEN do it. it was the only hope for me ... and it was amazing. now i have so much hope, thanks again everybody, i look forward to developing many wonderful relationships here.

Comment

back from 4 day detox

Hi Fammy: You are off to a great start! Keep going. -Reenie
                September 23, 2011

Comment

back from 4 day detox

Fammy

You sound so happy and optimistic - that's great - keep it going.

Maybe someday when you have time you can post info on the program you did. Four days sounds reasonable for many of us.

Keep it up !!!!
                  Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

back from 4 day detox

Please let us know. I found a rehab in Malabu I wanted to go to... Renaissainse... seems like a great place. Let me know
                    Sunny Out Looks are Contagious!

Comment

back from 4 day detox

Hi fammy,
                      Glad to hear you`re feeling so good after having the kick-start you needed.
                      I do think it takes a heck of a lot of courage to admit oneself to detox, but it`s certainly the best move for anyone who thinks it`s the only way for them to get started..........I am very proud of you.

Looking forward to getting to know you.

Much love,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

back from 4 day detox

thank u again everyone. detox was great, i slept for three days, waking only for meals and vitals and meds. 4th day i felt increduble, participatred in groups all day and then they discharged me to the IOP. When i left there yesterday i literally felt like i had the world by the balls, i can do anything now, nothing can hold me back. its an amazing feeling, but i can't do it alone. this is not new to me. i relapsed 5 years ago after having 12 years clean, but more of a dry drunk as i did not participate in groups, therapy or AA. i will now. the detox i went threw was at a Hospital literally right next to my house and my insurance paid for it. if u have the opportunitty and ur finding that ur struggling to get a few days under ur belt, and u have been drinking heavily for some time. do it. ur kids, friends, family, and mostly u will be grateful.

Comment

back from 4 day detox

:l fammy!

4 days seems awfully short. Here they make you stay at least 7 unless you decide to bail out. Having said that, I am SO glad you did it!!!! I hope it was what you needed to kick start your recovery!!!! **BIG HUGS**

Comment

back from 4 day detox

Hi All,
                            I did two five day detox's last year. My life sorta tanked last year; some really awful things happened, over-the-top stress for many months, handling a situation that no one else could take over for me. So I was mixing alcohol and drugs which was a BIG boo boo for me and I found myself checking into a hospital for a five day detox. Whoa, that was an eye opener but I also found it VERY nice to be taken care of for a few days. A couple of months after that I found myself calling a place I found online - Malibu Horizon - VERY expensive but I loved it. A couple of months later I was yet again in trouble (the stress in my situation had not let up) but this time I just did everything I could think of to keep from going back to a detox. This included going to a Dr. Liliana in Glendale who "straightened out my chakras" - don't laugh, it worked. I took a bath everyday, breathed and prayed a lot, did an hour of exercise every morning, got massages, meditated, etc. All this time in the back of my mind was this information about a woman in Vermont (Rhonda Lenair) who I had heard healed people from alcoholism. I called and booked a session. I knew I would have to travel across country from California and rent a car and drive to a remote area of Vermont to see her. But I did it, along with my boyfriend who also had a drinking problem (not as bad as mine). And after one session, all cravings for alcohol were gone. Me and my boyfriend have not had a drink in over six weeks and have not had a craving either. Halleluia! No more expensive detox's for me. But they are certainly a good way to start. Peace and Blessings.

Comment

back from 4 day detox

Hello everyone. Greetings from downunder.My first post! This site is great. Am gonna try hypnotherapy to try to moderate, and get back my motivation and zest for life. If that doesn't work, will have to give up the grog. Just wondering if anyone has had success with hypnosis? Thanks, and strength to all.

Greg.

Comment

Working...
                              X