Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting ready for the trip

Posting finally...

Hi lilnev - thanks for searching for me :thanks: And thanks Shelbey for the support. I started "on my own" last Tuesday, October 30 after a unexpectedly bad Monday. The supplements and CDs arrived on Wednesday but I held off starting them until the weekend because the first few CD days looked time consuming. I am now at my 11th mod day and day 7 of the supplements, CDs and exercize.

I feel so much better, I sleep better, I'm much happier. I look forward to the tapes and the walking - not so much to the yucky powder and all those pills, but I kind of think it makes me feel like I'm doing something to help so its good.

So far any cravings have been mild, but I am doing mod, not abs.

I am not sure why I didn't post - maybe wanting to be sure it would work before I got invested.

Comment

Must ask, where in Ireland? I've been several times and I love your country. Welcome to our Monkey House and best of luck in your quest! "Slainte" to AF (or moderated) living!
      Jane Jane

Comment

Hi Jane Jane!

I realized after my first couple of posts that I had chosen the wrong name but didn't want to start over with a new identity. I was wondering how long it would take until someone asked that question.

I am American born, my grandparents were born in Ireland. I chose that name because I identify strongly with my Irish background but soon figured it could be misleading.
        My family is from Donegal and I will be visiting the week after Thanksgiving for my great aunts's 100 birthday.:day5:

Comment

Have never been up to Donegal, but my maternal ancestors hail from that exact county! Their surname was originally spelled "O'Doneghaill" or something close to that. Please do report on your aunt's 100th. I'd love to hear details.

I love Dublin and the West Country. Wish I were there right now!
          Jane Jane

Comment

Hi IrishGirl, and thanks for posting. I'm glad to hear it's going well. Moderating is working for you? I don't think I could do that.... Actually I kind of screwed up earlier this week, then compounded it for a few days for good measure. So I'm back to day 2. Or am I allowed to call it "day 26 out of 30"? Eh, it's all one-at-a-time anyway.

keep it up,
            lilnev
            Q: How do I become the person I want to be?
            A: Practice, of course.

Comment

lilnev,

Not sure if moderation will work for me, the only way to find out is to try. If it doesn't I am open to abstinence, but I am hopeful I don't have to go that route. I don't drink only to get drunk, although I don't deny that in the past that was usually the result. I love some wine with dinner, or beer with pizza, or a cocktail with friends after work even if none of those result in much of a buzz so I am thinking I can do this. Time will tell.

Comment

Jane you have ancestors from Donegal and you've never been there? You should definitely go - it is different from the south, but beautiful in its own more rugged way.

Will surely report on my visit and my Aunt's 100th.

Comment

Working...
                X