Newbies in need ODAT - Tuesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Topa made me feel very anxious, but I tend to feel that way anyway, so this did not help. Depressed? It made me feel melancholy. Kinda like a wide-a-wake drunk. Not good. BUT other people swear by it. That's all I know: How it made me feel.
    GO

Comment

DrinkTracker is on the main forum menu...click on it. Then you can register. It's a monthly calendar to help you keep track of your drinking. I like it.
      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
      October 3, 2012

Comment

hey again

Looks like we have some hopeful posts here, I am trying to stay positive, but this is sooooooooooooomuch a part of my dialy habit,I am afraid that I will drink again today................if I only have "a few beers" it isn't that bad, right (that is what my brain keeps telling me anyway!)

Maybe this is just a phase I am going through..............also a dear friend of mine hasn't gone to work for a week now and cannot get out of bed because she has been drinking sooooooooooo much and not eating. Not a good combination (I usually do the opposite, which is why I don't want to drink, I end up w/ the muchies sooooooooooo bad that I eat everything in sight!:wow: and I don't want to become a porker!!!)

Enough rambling, looks like everyone is doing pretty well over all, I will just keep on coming back and keeping in touch if you will have me!?

Love to you all and hopeful big hugs!!!!:l :thanks: thanks for being here!!!!

MA
        :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

It was a hard weekend for me but I feel better today day 1AF today. I need to keep posting and stay positive ODAT
          :huggy
          "Love is large, love defies limits. People talk about the sanctity of love...love is by definition sacred. Not some love between some people but all love between all people" ~ Jennifer Beals

Comment

Lots of excellent work going on in this thread! Even when you don't make it you're all still wanting to beat the booze - hang on to that feeling and keep trying to find ways to get there :l

If a 30 day AF seems too much you could start with a shorter goal, say 10 days....just to see how it feels? Sometimes we need to get the feel of it without committing to what seems impossible. But remember....it IS possible...lots of people here are AF long time...and loving it!

I could never control my drinking until I came here...I did 40 days AF and felt great. SO great that I tried moderating over a 2 week holiday...guess where I ended up again?:H So I'm doing a 30 day AF at the moment...and hoping to stay with it beyond that. Stuff I learned the first time round is helpful which is what lead me to suggest a short stint might be good if you're really freaked by the thought of 30 days.

Good Luck and strength to all of you on ODAT :h

Suze x
            Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

hopefu;

I am feeling a little hopeful now, am aiming for AF day #1 now..............made it home without stopping at the store, so a step in the right direction, eating a healthy salad, not hitting the gym today though cuz my knee is KILLING me...............another worry about myself, I want to stay in shape and drinking and NOT working out are a double-whammy!!!!

Good luck to all to come, and thanks for all the support we give eachother!!:thanks: :thanks: :l :h

MA
              :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Thanks - just filled in my drink tracker - love that sort of thing. Brings out the librarian in me! I want to see a whole month of yellows now!

Comment

Bessie: I love DrinkTracker too. I was a teacher for many years & love the whole chart thing. Mary
                  Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                  October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
                  X