X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FIREWORKS - ANYONE WANT TO JOIN ME FOR 30 DAYS AF

Hi ALL

Hi EAST,
    Im here it good to see u back sorry to hear about you surgical menopeause...Hmmmm not sleeping bit i was taking sleeping pills it does work for me, but dont take them with AL like i did.
    Anyway like keyners im day 2 been under the weather with a cold i think the AL dont agree with me lol (face seem to look a bit SWOLLEN.......) AL seem to have that effect on me when im ill
    Like Rustop i go on the ODAT thread or have beeen on the.. who ready to get their ass in gear, it does help to be on a thread. I was going through a bit of a rough patch at home at the begining of the year, but things seem to sort of be ok ish!!!! at the moment hubby out of work he had odd jobs so it hard for me to get on here (i do like my own space at home that im use to i think hubby getting under my feet:H: Im still working at tesco they have given me more hours so im hoping to give up my school job soon...so that i can have time to go to group sessions which they have change the times now:upset: need to be AF this month, november and hopeful December these months of the year are the worst for me dont know why, but looking back on old post i know i need to concentrate on being AF
    WE did have good times on here it is really nice to see u post:l :racer: lol give my son his first driving lesson in aug he is now 17 yr last year at college... got to go, going back to bed
    this cold is making me feel a bit weak....
    :welcome:keyners good for you on 2days af today keep up the good work...

bye for now and hope to see u around again.xXx
    Formerly known as Teardrop:l
    sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
    my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Hi Sweetpea,

I am defiitely in for this challenge too thoughit will be my first attempt. With so many others on the same road it should be a breeze! :new:

My one concern is that I won't be able to avoid being in the presence of alcohol because my husband will be opening some very nice bottles of red of an evening. Of that I can be sure, since he doesn't believe he has a problem and doesn't feel the need to cut down or abstain like I do. My worst time (maybe like so many others) is the time around 6:00 till
      9:00pm

I'd really appreciate any and all tips and hints about how to handle that one, while I still have the time to set a little alternative plan in motion! :thanks:

Meanwhile I'm going to get some supplements going and work out an exercise program.
      Keep on keeping on

Comment

Hi Everyone,
        My day 3 today tomorrow always my worst... will focus on today.

Catch22 so sorry that you have had such a hard time of it, I had thought about you many times since this time last year, but great to know you are OK. I hope the cold clears up for you soon:l. Kids they grow so fast, seventeen already? My youngest is now 19,she has calmed down a lot, past her driving test in August and will have a car next week, Yeeks! another thing to worry about I guess eh!
        Keyners 13th is lucky for some I wish you well.
        Suni 6-9pm Yep!!! the witching hours for me too, even though I am busy with cooking, I try to replace with fruit juice in a wine glass just to take my mind off AL. Good luck.
        In life we can live out our dreams its true
        the one who decides,takes chances,makes choices is YOU.

Comment

Really miss you guys.:l....Really would L:hve to know how you are all getting on......
          Love Teardrop! (catch22) xXx
          sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
          my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Hey Teardrop,
            I was looking for this thread only yesterday!! Great minds think alike eh:H.
            Coming up to a month AF (28 days today) and feeling ok.
            Was wondering too how Sweetpea, Rustop, Eastender and all were.
            Anyhow, I have a busy, busy day today, so I am glad I spotted your post Teardrop, before I logged off.
            Glad to see you are doing so well with your sobriety!! xxxxx:l
            Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

so glad you posted..

Amelia im so glad you are doing so well to, keep up being busy and also just like to say Thank you.x

Comment

Working...
              X