Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies in need ODAT - Monday

Hello, my friends..

I have recommitted myself, as well. I posted in the INN, but ODAT is truly the best way to take this on. Besides, what else is there in the real world? Yesterday is gone and tomorrow isn't here yet! So, I will focus on today and today I will not be drinking. The rest will work itself out..

Namste,

MM
    Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Good morning all, and a special hug to Teardrop. Everyone else has said what I wanted to, so just go reread their posts. And thank you to the rest of you for being so supportive when one of us is down. Congrats to wonderworld for getting back in charge -- you're doing great, keep it up. And welcome to Taking Control, Shelbysmiles and meditation mama. I look forward to seeing you in the ODAT threads.

As for me, I'm in a good mood. The Sox won, the sun is shining, and I've got work to do....

peace and strength,
      lilnev
      Q: How do I become the person I want to be?
      A: Practice, of course.

Comment

Hi. This is my first visit to this site. I have been tossing around the idea of total sobriety for about a month. I have tried to control my alcohol intake in one way or another for years, stopping for 2 weeks, not drinking during the week, not having more than a couple drinks, but I always wind up in the same situation, daily binging- usually vodka.

My husband, who I adore, is drinking with me, and is always willing to let me slide back into bad habits. I'm afraid of what might happen to my marriage if I stop drinking. I'm afraid if he continues and I'm afraid if we both stop, I'm just afraid.

I have begun regularly blacking out. I passed out on the couch one night and my husband had found that my 3-year-old had come downstairs and curled up next to my seated, passed-out body and fallen asleep. This past week end, I was hammered and behaved totally out of character (friends told me) without a shard of memory for most of the evening (which ended at 4a.m.). I'm afraid that I have consumed enough alcohol that I may have done physical damage to my body. I'm afraid that stopping will make me physically sick. I can't afford to buy the whole program, today, as we are pretty strapped, financially, which seems to be a regular state of affairs lately. I don't know what to gain from posting this message. I am just afraid.

Comment

:new: Hi. This is my first visit to this site. I have been tossing around the idea of total sobriety for about a month. I have tried to control my alcohol intake in one way or another for years, stopping for 2 weeks, not drinking during the week, not having more than a couple drinks, but I always wind up in the same situation, daily binging- usually vodka.

My husband, who I adore, is drinking with me, and is always willing to let me slide back into bad habits. I'm afraid of what might happen to my marriage if I stop drinking. I'm afraid if he continues and I'm afraid if we both stop, I'm just afraid.

I have begun regularly blacking out. I passed out on the couch one night and my husband had found that my 3-year-old had come downstairs and curled up next to my seated, passed-out body and fallen asleep. This past week end, I was hammered and behaved totally out of character (friends told me) without a shard of memory for most of the evening (which ended at 4a.m.). I'm afraid that I have consumed enough alcohol that I may have done physical damage to my body. I'm afraid that stopping will make me physically sick. I can't afford to buy the whole program, today, as we are pretty strapped, financially, which seems to be a regular state of affairs lately. I don't know what to gain from posting this message. I am just afraid.

Comment

another welcom

Welcome getwell, wow 2 in the same day

Stick around here, it will get better! Did you order the book yet? It is a guide and will help, and so will we, keep in touch and stick around...............

MA:h :l

PS: your story sounds ALOT like mine! :welcome:
            :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Getwell: You don't have to buy the program if you can't afford it. All you need to do is to commit to tapering & stopping. I absolutely hated the black-outs most of all. Keep coming here reading & posting...if not for yourself then for your 3 year old. Mary
              Wisdom, Courage, Strength
              October 3, 2012

Comment

Getwell: Our lives sound so similar. My children are the reason I am here. It's bad enough that mommy is drunk all night, but the hangovers the next day is what really effects them.
                I'm scared too. Today is my second day. The day I usually drink. Right now I feel like I am holding on by a shoestring (and it is only 1:30 pm). Somehow I will find a way to not drink. Just for today.

Olivia

Comment

Oh, Janice, Mary!!!

I am so happy for both of you!!

Newbies, listen, REALLY LISTEN to what they are saying.

We struggle, we fail and we get back up and go again.

Here we go, once more, this time might be when it clicks!!

Love,
                  Cindi
                  AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Cindi: I don't know if you'll read this, but I was happy & relieved to see your post. Stay well...stay on track. Everything happens for a reason. Keep on keeping on. Love, Mary
                    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                    October 3, 2012

Comment

me too

Cindi,

You sound better, all we can do is just get right back up and try again, "never say never"(I read that somewhere yesterday, now that is my mantra! Works for me:h

MA:l
                      :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Mary,

With you walking next to me on this journey, how can we fail?

You are such a comfort for so many of us and a personal blessing for me.

Thank you.

Love,
                        Cindi
                        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Cowgal, (Mary Anne)

I am with you. "Never say never!!"

I am back on track and ready to win this battle.

Let's go forth and keep fighting the good fight.

Thank you!!

:h back at you!!
                          Cindi
                          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hi Everyone, and THANK YOU, For all you nice people on mwo. Just dont think or i know i cant do this on my own, but coming back and reading just makes it easy again.
                            I did here some bad news yesterday later on in the day, a girl of 19 from the some agency as me die in a car accident on sunday. She will be missed very much. my she R.I.P.
                            WE only live once and i want to learn from my mistakes and start living for today.
                            Love you All
                            Teardrop.x
                            family is everything to me

Comment

Working...
                            X