Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reason #7: Al robs us of our pride

Hi all,
    I am hoping by the end of the week to have compiled my top 10 list of reasons that I hate drinking and sear them into my brain to shift my thinking. You all are so wise in your responses. I can identify with every single one of them!!!!!

Reason #7: Al brings shame, guilt and remorse. He(she) makes us think less of ourselves robbing us of our self esteem and pride. Let's empower ourselves and kick him to the curb!!!!

amen!!!!!!!! yuk!!!!!

Comment

Ever: I think this is the number one reason I joined MWO. I was ashamed all the time. I was a secret drinker & felt I had lost all my integrity. I was in hiding from my loved ones all the time. I want to live an out-in-the-open, authentic life. I can't do that if I drink. Mary
      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
      October 3, 2012

Comment

That keeps me clean for a few days

I hope I can go longer than that this time. Those feelings are not fun. I hate the feeling that nobody takes you seriously because you're a lousy drunk. Eventually, in life, us guys are supposed to have a "Mr." in front of our name, be proper, decent, and command respect based on our deeds and accomplishments. It's a sad thing to have all of that go right out the window because of that beer. These are the things that I constantly will need to remind myself of.

Comment

What I HATE most about myself is the fact that I am in your face honest.

I do not hide my drinking or the effects of it.

I have a Mrs. in front of my name and it means, mom/granny should be able to handle whatever comes her way, take care of sick kids/mommies/daddies and give them all the love they need.

That is the thing I HATE ABOUT AL!! He robs me my essential role. Caregiver, lover, mommy, granny and employee.

I HATE HIM!!

Love,
          Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
          X