X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

November AF

:good: :thumbs: Hi Cuckoo and everyone on this thread

Good luck with starting your AF day 1

Like you I won't be near a computer this weekend but I will certainly be thinking of you all

Sweetpea xxxx
    :flower: Keep strong and focused things do get better and you will find your happy :h

Comment

November AF

I have been reading daily meditations from a book "A Cherokee Feast of Days" and today's reading had the following quotes "the danger point comes after a victory when we think there are no more battles", "it is a life promise but we have to claim it", and "we are winners and overcomers". These quotes just seemed to be very poignant for today's start of AF.

Comment

November AF

Good Morning everyone!!

Here we go...........

Yippeee!!

Love,
        Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

November AF

Hi all,

I am SO ready for an AF November!!!! It is great to have such a big group. I know that day 1 and 2 are always pretty easy for me. It is anytime after that that I fall. I am REALLY determined this time for that not to be the case. My daugther and I are planning an exercise program starting today so I am psyched for that too.

Here we go!!

We can do it together!!!!

Comment

November AF

I'm really thrilled to see another month start & a whole new sense of committment. I've been the designated driver to any & all events. That keeps me sober. Mary
            Wisdom, Courage, Strength
            October 3, 2012

Comment

November AF

Morning Mary, Evergreen, Cindi, Cuckoo, Sweatpea and everyone!

Yay!!!! I also feel super positive about starting (and finishing!) this month AF. That's just how it's gonna be. I am committed.
              Luv you guys-
              wonderxx

Comment

November AF

Ok, I'm here.... I ate so much candy yesterday, the thought of drinking makes me sick.
                Sunny Out Looks are Contagious!

Comment

November AF

For some reason last night I decided to celebrate Halloween all by myself with lots of booze. Then I took my daughter trick or treating. Today, I am ready to commit to 30 days. I've got the topa coming and have some other tricks up my sleeve to keep myself away from the stuff. My only concern is 'what happens after the 30 days?' I hope I don't reward myself with a bottle of wine!
                  Sorry I am not too chipper yet. A few AF days and I will be tons better!

Comment

November AF

I am going to do as many AF days as possible in November too!!
                    Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

November AF

To all, I'm loving the positive attitudes. Gettingthere, don't be discouraged. I think your name says it all. We are gettingthere!! We can cross the 30 day bridge when we come to it. After reading so many posts here my plan is I won't drink today and then when tomorrow is here I will focus on not drinking that day. I've bought some new books to read, some herb tea and sparkling water to drink. Also purchased a journal for November that I am carrying with me. If I feel like drinking I plan on writing in the journal how I feel, what I feel like in the morning after a night boozing, how I picture myself in a week, two weeks, a month without a drink. It sounds as if so many of us really want this and I believe we can do it with each others support but I don't plan on it being easy. Evergreen good luck on the exercise workout. I started working out in September and feel a lot better. CaptJBean, hope you are feeling better. Wonderworld, Sweet Pea, Mary, and Cindi it's good to see such commitment. I'm psyched.

Comment

November AF

You sound like you are completely on the ball Cuckoo. I completely agree with the workout thing (yes I know I harp on about it, but it does work).
                        xx
                        Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

November AF

Ok Cuckoo and Amelia,

I just got back from the gym. My daughter is trying to kill me . . . .maybe run off with the inheritance (Ha Ha . . she might get around the block). We did an hour on an elliptical machine and a whole bunch of these situp things. Don't make me laugh tomorrow because I will be hurting!!! It was lots of fun)) A good chance to be silly together and I know that exercise works and will get me through November (if I live that long!! LOL)

Tomorrow I get to plan the workout as we will be swimming ( my specialty) Ahhh . . . revenge is sweet. I see alot of butterfly in her future!

Have a good night!!

Evergreen

Comment

November AF

Thanks, Amelia. Evergreen, an hour on the elliptical is amazing. You must be in a great shape. The treadmill is more my speed. Well, my friend just called so I will be heading out very soon. If I can't post please all of you have a great successful weekend. You will none be far from my mind.

Comment

November AF

Cuckoo: I mentioned in another thread that I'm having fewer & fewer drinking thoughts, but I still get them:
                              "Gee, a little something would take the edge off."
                              "I'm bored & would like to check out a bit."
                              "My husband will be out & I can do anything I want."
                              etc.
                              I drive them out of my head immediately of not sooner. My mind soon readjusts itself. Whenever I get a romantic drinking fantasy, I go right back to all the really embarrassing, sickening, awful things I did while drunk. It works great. Mary
                              Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                              October 3, 2012

Comment

November AF

Mary, thanks for the tip. It's nice to know the thoughts do become less and less. We just got to our hotel so I'm extremely tired will post tomorrow. One day AF.

Comment

Working...
                                X