November AF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

November AF

Rustop and Mary, thanks. I will go do that now. For some reason I'm feeling a little wobbly right now. I'll do that and hopefully that will give me some incentive. Rustop congratulations. You must be so proud to go from drinking everyday for 12 years to being close to 1/2 year AF. I'll let you be my inspiration for the evening.

Comment

November AF

Rustop and Mary, just completed my drink tracker. I must say I like seeing those 0's by all of our names.

Comment

November AF

Rustop and Mary, thanks for the suggestion on the drink tracker. It is real incentive.
        I see you both have lots of 0s by your names. Congrats.

Cuckoo

Comment

November AF

Hey Cuckoo and everyone else, great to see you all here and posting away. I think the drink tracker is a good idea as well, that sounds like a great incentive. I totally agree - I want to see lots of 0's by my name!!

xx
          Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

November AF

By the way,.....I have no idea what ODAT means???? Can someone please tell me?
            x
            Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

November AF

I was inspired by the Fireworks thread to go AF this month. Day # 4 for me. Hope to make the full 30.

Comment

November AF

Hi all! I am joinning you all in November but have a question. Alot of them actually but I'll just ask one at a time. What are you going to do when an ooccasion comes up that you normally drink at. For instance, hubby and I are supposed to go to Vegas next weekend. I don't think I can do it. He said he wouldn't drink if I went but wow...I just don't think I have that much willpower. Then of course there's Thanksgiving after that. Any ideas? I don't want to sit at home the rest of my life! Good luck everyone! I am days A/f now and loving how I feel.

Comment

November AF

Amelia, ODAT, One Day At a Time. Glad to see you posting. Have a dr's appt in 1/2 hour post later.

Cuckoo.

Comment

November AF

Roz;221257 wrote: I was inspired by the Fireworks thread to go AF this month. Day # 4 for me. Hope to make the full 30.
                    :welcome: Roz, good luck on going AF in November. I tried in October but didn't quite make it so now I'm trying again in November. I'm on day 7. One whole week. First time in over 16 years. Woohoo. Glad to have you aboard.

Comment

November AF

iluvdesert;221273 wrote: Hi all! I am joinning you all in November but have a question. Alot of them actually but I'll just ask one at a time. What are you going to do when an ooccasion comes up that you normally drink at. For instance, hubby and I are supposed to go to Vegas next weekend. I don't think I can do it. He said he wouldn't drink if I went but wow...I just don't think I have that much willpower. Then of course there's Thanksgiving after that. Any ideas? I don't want to sit at home the rest of my life! Good luck everyone! I am days A/f now and loving how I feel.
                      iluvdesert, I have a dr's appt but real quick I have been drinking alcohol free wine when I really get a craving. I am on the supps and the topamax so haven't had much of a craving. I'll write more when I get back from my dr's appt.

Comment

November AF

iluvdesert, on your post you say you have been AF and love how you feel so I would go with that and if you are put in a situation where you feel you need a drink try the alcohol free wine. I don't have any other suggestions off the top of my head. I'm doing the supplements and topamax and it has really reduced my cravings.

Comment

November AF

Thanks cuckcoo! I appreciate your reply. I have ordered the supps. and kudzu but I don't think I'll get them for awhile so.....I'll just take it odat. I already have been making excuses for why I should be allowed to drink this weekend. I hate when I do that. For some reason I have self esteem issues so I think If I could be a/f for more than a week I would feel GREAT about myself. We'll see. Already been to the gym 4 times in the last 3 days and have done the treadmiill at home. Gonna kill myself trying to get sober! How was the Dr. appt?

Comment

November AF

iluvdesert, I posted this on another thread. It sums up my dr's appt.

What a day of ups and downs. The class was wonderful. It was such a rewarding day. After the class I went to the gym for over an hour and did a strenuous workout. Forty minutes on the treadmill at a sharp incline and then upper body and abs for about another 30 minutes. I have been walking ~ 2 miles a day everyday for at least 6 weeks and on alternating days I have been walking over 4 miles. Well I go to the dr. today thinking how proud he is going to be and what a picture of health I am going to be and my blood pressure was pretty high. I just went from this feeling of euphoria to why bother. I was feeling really down and then I logged onto this thread. Reading your posts allows me to take pleasure in your successes and minimizes my setback.

So I was expecting better news but I will just keep working at it. Well I am exhausted. We'll talk tomorrow. It's amazing how we can rationalize to drink. I don't believe there isn't an excuse I haven't used. i.e. the sun came up, the sun went down, it's raining, it's sunny, it's Monday, Tuesday, etc.

Have a good night and good work on the gym. Sorry I am rambling but I am so tired. I think my many days of non-sleep AF are catching up with me.

Comment

November AF

wow 83 you are like everywhere. well, good luck on your afing......and um sleep already
                              :welcome:

Comment

November AF

:wavin:

Hi Everyone just popping by to wish everyone well and to add my suppport to your endevours

I am now day 4 and ever hopeful. Have left a long post in the Firework thread

Cuckoo you can do it. You have given loads of support to others and we all there for you. Hope you have a good sleep and re-charge your batteries. I suffer with high blood pressure myself and know how tricky it can be. You are doing all the right things so don't beat youself up

Loaaaaaaaaaads of :h

Sweetpea

________
                                :flower: Keep strong and focused things do get better and you will find your happy :h

Comment

Working...
                                X