HELLO EVERYONE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELLO EVERYONE

YES, I AM JUST BEGINNING THIS NEW ADVENTURE . CAN RELATE TO ALL OF YOUR STORIES. I HAVE ORDERED THE MWO BOOK AS A FIRST STEP TO MY RECOVERY. THIS WHOLE THING IS VERY SCARY FOR ME. THE QUESTION I KEEP ASKING MYSELF IS HOW WILL I EVER HAVE FUN AGAIN WITHOUT DRINKING. ANY SUGGESTIONS ON THAT. I AM 50 YEARS OLD THIS YEAR AND DECIDED TO TAKE THAT FIRST STEP. I AM TIRED OF LETTING MY 19 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER DOWN. I HAVE DRANK MOST OF MY LIFE AND I AM SICK OF HANGOVERS. I DO WORK. MAYBE MISSED A FEW DAYSDUE TO HANGOVERS. I AM SICK OF THE WEIGHT GAIN FROM DRINKING. ITS LIKE I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER FOOD WHEN I'M DRUNK. MY HUSBAND IS MY DRINKING BUDDIE. SO THIS WILL BE HARD. WE HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR 27 YEARS AND WE LIKE TO PARTY DOWN. I FIND MYSELF WANTING TO DO OTHER THINGS BUT THE DRINKING ALWAYS GETS IN THE WAY. I WOULD WELCOME ANY SUPPORT YOU ALL MIGHT HAVE. I AM AFRAID OF TAKING THE MEDS THOUGH. MAYBE I CAN DO IT WITHOUT THE TOPAMAX. HAS ANY ONE TRIED THAT.

HELLO EVERYONE

Welcome rgb75

So glad you found us!

It seems kind of quiet around here tonight, must be the trick or treaters at everyones door and all the left over chocolate to eat.

Not to worry though the others will be round soon enough.

If you're ready, spirit and soul, there is lots of great support here and even if you're not it's just a good place to be. There's lots of fun to be had sober, believe it or not and you're right....drinking does get in the way of so many things!

Lots of these good folk have quit drinking without medications but most, it seems, take the supplements recommended in RJ's book. I, myself, takeTopamax and credit my sobriety to it.

Tell us more about you! Again, welcome! We are glad you're here!

magic xx
    ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
    I am in the next seat.
    My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

HELLO EVERYONE

Hey rgb, It's not an easy joutney, but so many rewards. Weight loss, healthy heart, healthy liver, etc etc - and another chance at seeing life, taking the time to stop and smell the roses, and not being pissed so you just stumble on by them.

The meds are not compulsory - though you might want to try Campral - it does not have the side effects that topamax has on some people. lots of people don't use meds - but it is a good idea to find a good doctor to help you through this.

Good luck

Cashy
      xxx
      "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

HELLO EVERYONE

oh and try not to write in caps - it's like you are shouting - and harder to read
        don't worry about caps at all - just type in lower case!
        C
        "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

Working...
        X