NEWBIES IN NEED ODAT 2ND NOV FRIDAY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone, thankyou Janice and wake up mom for thinking of me yesterday, I do log on everyday but have not been posting as I really seem to have lost the plot this last couple of weeks. I really thought that the shock of being arrested would be enough to make me stop and it did for 6 days, but since then I have drank nearly every other day and then at least a bottle of wine.I think what has happened is that the realisation and the feeling of shame have just got hold of me and I found myself very very depressed. However, last night my youngest was again upset because I drank, they too thought I would just stop and at the moment they are desperate for that to happen. In order for it too happen I have to start doing things differently so I will not be sat around moping so I am logging on here to start with and will be af today, If I just get a week in I know I will feel so much more confident. On Sunday it will be 5 years since my dad died, I started all this drinking when he fell ill with cancer, It has to stop, I love my family and they need me back, I need me back. So I am here and I am committed I will stop trying to do this alone I have just felt so ashamed of myself this past 3 weeks that I have just cut myself off from everyone but that has just resulted in my drinking getting worse for two weeks so I need to get back on track, I was doing so well before the fatel friday. SO no more feeling sorry for myself, I need to fight and I will start today. Sorry to ramble but needed to get it out. Good luck everyone GG XX

Garden Girl, I am so pleased you posted. You have got to keep posting, I know its hard when things are bad - I remember just after Dad died, I was in such a bad way, there was one day when I drank from early afternoon and was well and truly "gone". I came on here, posted (you should have seen my typing - check it out, July time!!) begging for someone to answer, and all these lovely, supportive, helpful people came running!! It really did help me - With their help, I pulled myself together that afternoon, sobered myself up just in time for my family coming in. Anyway, you HAVE to keep posting - we miss you so much!!! Post later and let us know how today has gone yeh?? Good or bad day, we are here for you GG.

Good luck to everyone today, will post more later as dashing off to work.

Janicexxx
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Hi garden girl, janice, and everyone,
      Garden girl It takes a lot of courage to come back. I know there are things i have done in the pasts I'm not perfect. The good thing about this site no one is here to judge anyone. you will get through this.
      wishing you lots of strength today and always.
      good luck 4 today
      Love teardrop.x
      family is everything to me

Comment

Hello, Garden Girl. I'm new here, and I find myself in the same situation every day. Ashamed, hating yourself, depressed. Like you, I'm not going to feel sorry for myself any more. I am going to get through today without my usual bottle & a half of wine. I got my Kudzu Rescue in the mail yesterday and know this will help me. Hang in there!

Thinking of you--peace! Shantiji

Comment

Garden Girl, I have been thinking of you and am glad to have you back. Keep fighting!! Stay with us and keep posting! You are so worth it, believe it, because we all do!!! We're in this together. :l Suz
          The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

Hi GG,
            Great to see your back.Thats the spirit.As janice says stay close whatever.I am not going to look back either,it can be soo demorolising,trapping us so we can't feel good about ourselfs.
            Hello to everyone else.Hope you all have a great day xx

Comment

Hello all friends old and new. My life of freedom from the Booze Beast will only happen one day at a time - so I pledge that today will be free of alcohol for me.

Garden Girl I am so glad to see you post. I fell off the wagon for awhile, and only yesterday read of your run in with the law recently. We've GOT to stop this madness which is drinking. WE CAN STOP THE MADNESS!!!

I've been doing a lot of thinking about what worked well when I managed 60 days AF, and what wasn't working when I fell off the wagon, and then stayed off for so long.

I really do believe in the nutritional connection that RJ makes (hence the supplements and diet recommendations). Similar connections are also referenced in the book Seven Weeks to Sobriety, and also in the writings of Kathleen DesMaisons, PhD. (author of Potatoes Not Prozac) So I'm back to the supplements recommended here, and also a low carb (aka low sugar) eating plan. And I MUST make an effort not to skip meals. I crave alcohol MORE when I'm operating on an empty stomach.

I was also using the hypnosis CD's regularly when I was doing well, and I had gotten away from that right before my fall from the wagon. So I'm back at the hypnosis too. I really think both of these things help make this easier.

Anyway, best wishes to all for a wonderful AF Friday!

DG
              Day 2 AF
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

garden girl!

Welcome back, glad you are ok, but don't beat yourself up, I have done it and it just sets you up for more drinking.............I have never gone through being arrested YET, hopefully I never will (should have MANY times though!)

We love you and wish you the best in this journey, you will definitely not be judged here, or I wouldn't keep coming here..........I am DEFINITELY not the perfect recovering alcoholic, believe me!

Please just hang in there,

Lots of love,:h

Hey to everyone else, and I'll check in later, hope you all have a great Friday, no matter if you are going AF or mods, I am still undecided!

MA
                :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Garden Girl,

Thank you for starting the thread off this morning and for posting. We are all so happy you are here.

If a DUI would sober people up, there would be lots of sober people out there, today. Geez, if only it were that easy, I'd go drinking and jump in the car in a New York minute!!

You are thinking the right way and determined to go down the right path. You (and all of us) can do it.

One day at a time!!

All the rest, RU (mia due to being somewhere else) Wakeupmom, Suzanna, Teardrop, Shantji, Mary, Janice, Wonderworld and all others, Please have a great, sober, happy Friday. This is a good day to be alive and happy.

Charlee, here is a big hug :l and shout out to you, too!!

Love all of you,
                  Cindi
                  AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
                  X