I thought I was the only one....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Minx, I'm scooting over. Plenty of room for you here.

Barbell, sounds like you have a good understanding doctor, but she doesn't know shit about quitting alcohol, because the supplements will do so much more than any medication. I know from long experience, having quit from heavy drinking many times, mostly with the aid of benzo meds (they make you a zombie, but get you through it). A very heavy supplement regime will help your body cope on its own, without making you feel totally out of it. TAKE YOUR SUPPS!
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Welcome minx!
      I'm a single mum who has used drinking wine (bottle a day or more) as a 'reward' for the stresses of everyday life but have realised it's not working... thanks to this site I was Alc free for 6 days last month but have got back into my old habits since. Tomorrow I'm going for AF again as I felt so much better for it. Keep posting!:welcome:

Comment

Take it from me, at one time I was drinking 3-5 liters of wine a day and supplementing it with a quart of vodka now and then as "needed". I have now been AF for 202 days, and I am amazed and thankful for that blessing. You can all do this. I tried and failed to quit many times. I found it takes a true desire to quit and a willingness to do whatever it takes to stay sober. I finally decided to come out of the alcoholic hiding place and found everyone who I had much contact with already knew I had a drinking problem. It was my pride that kept me drunk. I wish you all Gods speed in your recovery
        :huggy
        Bear
        What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
        ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

minx;218716 wrote: who could consume 2 bottles of wine a night by herself. Wow, it's nice not to feel so alone. I'm looking forward to reading more about MWO.

I am 44, married (barely, my DH doesn't drink and is pretty pissed at me), a SAHM with twins that are 8.
          All I can say is NOPE! You are not alone!!!

Sounds a little like my situation.

From a mom of two kids that are 15 months apart... just about twins~!
          Laura-31
          Windsor, CT

Comment

MDBiker, congrats on your sobriety!

LauraAnn, darn kids drove me to drink (just kidding, lol) but that's definitely when my alcoholism came out full force--about 6 months after they were born. And it's been getting worse since.

Alrightee, I gotta get going with this stuff. I'm a little scared about the Topa meds, but I'm looking around for Kudzo (sp?) Rescue. I was at a health food store today but they didn't have it so I guess I'll order it from the store here (I just didn't want to have to wait)...

Thanks for the nice welcome everyone.

Comment

Working...
            X