Women only...(menstrual question)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have 6 weeks AF. The reason I think i was able to do that is because I have been having small health problems. When I surf the net, it said that alcohol could be the cause. But as many of us know, surfing the net about a health problem can scare you to death. Anything and everything will pop up.

But within the last year, my cycle has been totally irregular. Now it has stopped altogether. I went to the gyno, but didn't mention any drinking issues. My prolactin was elevated, which can be caused by many things, including alcohol use. Along with the dr., we are trying different medicines. I was hoping that if I stopped drinking, my cycle would start back up, but it hasn't yet.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Any input would be so greatly appreciated. You would think that with the abstaining for 6 weeks, it would come back, if that is indeed the problem. If you have anything to add, I look forward to hearing from you.

The gyno took bloodwork for my thyroid, and other glands. But only the prolactin was elevevated. Please help.

Isthisme,

Umm. I forget, how old are you?

Geez, there are lots of reasons to lose your cycle...

Pregnancy comes to mind. Menopause..

When I was younger I had very irregular periods because I was way too under weight...

Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

I'm in my late 30's. I was just "hoping" it was menopause. But they think I'm too young. I know I'm not too young though. Early menopause can be alcohol related, too. We'll see.

Comment

Mine has basically stopped all together. It stopped for over a year, and I think I've had about three since my weight is back up (I'm 5'10" and went down to about 105 pounds, and am up to a size 4 or 6 but don't weigh myself now).

I have one every couple months, I guess.

You are not alone!! I didn't even realize that could be related to the loss of it, actually.

edited to add:

They found issues with my thyroid, and now I'm on synthroid to up it. I think that helped a lot, and certainly helped with the nutrution distribution. My hair has grown back quite nicely. :-)

btw I'm 30 years old.
        Laura-31
        Windsor, CT

Comment

Working...
        X