back again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

back again

Haven't posted for a while but have still been popping in now again to read posts. Finding it hard to go more than a day or two without drinking wine. Every Sunday I think - right I'm going to make it to next weekend without a drink. I usually get to about Tuesday or Wednesday and all will power flies out the window! But I am going to keep trying. The first step will be logging in here again more regularly to read and post. Here's to an alcohol free week!

Nicole x

back again

Alcohol free

Hi

I am new to this site, discovered it yesterday. I must admit, I didn't think I had a huge problem until I read a lot of the stories on here. I have always been a heavy drinker, and I too, find it hard to get through the week. I know the feeling of getting to Tuesday then you feel like treating yourself because you've had a whole two days of no wine. I am really going to try hard to stop, but because I am all or nothing, I think I will have to stop altogether! So are you going to make it this week AF, do you think?

Comment

back again

I really am going to give it a good try. Although I don't feel hungover today I have that feeling of being really drained of energy, flat and unmotivated, from generally just drinking too much over the last few days with no alcohol free days in between. I know I feel so much better and get so much more out of life when I drink less. I read a few of the posts on here this afternoon and realised I really do deserve better - to eat well, exercise, rest, look after myself and not constantly shovel wine down my throat! So I've been out for a walk and got a little sunlight. I have something healthy in for dinner and I definately won't drink tonight. Not sure I can manage 30 days AF but really going to try for the week. Hope you are able to manage a few AF days this week too.

Nicole x

Comment

back again

Good to have you here Nicole-as someone born and bred in Northern Ireland, its good to see our numbers creeping up on this site!
        Really hope you consider 30 days AF-Today is day 70 AF for me and given that I drank my way through the last 35 years I feel really good! I think there is hardly a single area of my life that has not improved dramatically. Sure, it's tough at first-I thought I would never get over the tiredness-but now I feel...sane!
        I would love to help in any way I can- pm me anytime and let me know how you are getting on .How are things in NI-I haven't been back there in about a year.

love
        Anna:h
        IS MILIS FION,ACH IS SEARBH A IOC
        Wine is sweet, but paying for it is bitter

Comment

back again

Welcome back Nicole!!! Just keep working on it and one day you will make the goal. NEVER give up.

Glad to see you with us bluenoon. Read the book and get with the program. You will find a lot of great people and support here.

Congrats on the 70 days Anna. Hang in there, it gets better.

:huggy

bear
          What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
          ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

back again

Nicole & Blue: Now that I've gotten some sobriety (day 31), I can't believe I functioned at all while I was drinking heavily.
            -I didn't know when I was tired, because I was always tired.
            -I didn't know when I was depressed, because I was always depressed.
            -I didn't know what my emotions were, because I was always under the influence or recovering from binging.
            I'm starting to get my equilibrium. I've read it takes 90 AF days for the brain to readjust itself, so I'm 1/3 of the way there. Mary
            Wisdom, Courage, Strength
            October 3, 2012

Comment

back again

Gosh 90 days, that's amazing. Well I don't feel like drinking today and still feel very determined to manke it through the week. 30 days still feels like too much of a mountain.

Thanks Anna, I will PM you. Well done for all that AF time. I will look forward to your advice. N.Ireland is great just now. We've had 2 months of beautiful autumn sunshine and leaves on trees are amazing colour. Lots of top notch places to eat opening up in Belfast recently too, although unfortuantely nearly getting as expensive as London! Anyway, hope you are not too home sick. London is great fun too.

Nicole x

Comment

back again

Bluenoon, you're story is so famaliar. I also found this yesterday and read thru it all day. I really wish I didn't have to quit but after reading this I found that my problem is not unique and that made me feel good and bad at the same time. I am all or nothing too. Today is only Monday, so far so good, but Tuesday is always where I used to give in. Not tomorrow! I hope. Anyway, I wish you luck and I know we can figure this thing out. Jeanne

Comment

back again

Welcome Nicole and iluvdesert. WE CAN DO THIS! Best wishes to you both. Keep reading and posting - and I highly recommend the My Way Out Book if you have not already decided to download and read it.

Londoner, AWESOME JOB!! I remember when you first got rockin' on this AF stretch. That was right before I fell off the wagon, which I hope to never do again. It sounds like your life is totally changed for the better. I want what you got baby!!

Nicole and iluv, I too was feeling great at 60 days AF when I chose to have "just one drink." Well, 7 weeks later I know where "just one" leads me. But....AF really does start feeling good if you can tough it out for the first couple of weeks. Really try. You DESERVE to feel good about your life and get the most from it.

DG
                  ODAT
                  Day 5 AF after the fall
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                  Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

back again

Thanks Doggygirl! Tonight was an easy one, I wish they would all be this easy. Joining the gym was a great idea. Keeps from having (wanting) that drink(s) at dinner time. Question. Does everyone in here only drink wine? It seems that on all the posts that's what people refer too. I love my tequila bigtime and sometimes I feel like if I just quit drinking that I would be ok but probably not. I'd just replace it with another alcohol. Oh well...just thinking outloud. Hope all is well with everyone. Almost bedtime...thank God!

Comment

back again

Morning Nicole and DoggyGirl and All!

It is a fantastic day here in London Town and I just wanted to send you some smiley sunshine down the wires, hopefully everyone gets a good weather day today!
                      Iluvdesert you are in California and you don't drink wine!! OMG!

Good luck with your goals one and all, will be checking here to see how you get on this week. And yes, DoggyGirl, as you know a long stretch AF makes the world a better place! But you have that under your belt already, you know how it felt and you will again!

Nicole, can't wait for you to decide to do 30AF-I will be so behind you NI Girl!! We are the best!

Ps you could squeeze it in before Christmas Partytime? Belfast Rocks!:rockband:

Anna :h

Comment

back again

I know, I know! I feel like if I did drink wine I maybe could handle it. (Whatever!!! ) But I always have to have my shots of tequila. And they put me over the edge everytime. Everytime I want to cut back or quit I vow NO MORE tequila but I am so hooked on it. So many hidden bottles around the house, at least there were. YUCK! I love that quick buzz...problem is I get it but then I am ready to pass out in no time. Working on it thought. 3rd day AF today and loving it!

Comment

back again

3rd day AF today and loving it!
                          Good for you iluv-maybe we should create some ILUVAF badges!!
                          Stay with AF, it gets better by the day. You will find a new and gentler and safer kind of buzz far far away from Ms Tequila the temptress. I promise!

Anna :h

Comment

back again

Thanks so much Anna. I love the badge idea. I gave up tequila once....replaced it with vodka. Makes perfect sense doesn't it? When I do try to mod. I have to give up that evil To-kill-ya! Today has been a good day but have taken a nap every day this week. What's up with that? I thought we just napped on our hangover days? Good luck to you this week....I hear it gets easier! Jeanne

Comment

back again

Welcome back Nicole! Missed your stelleto LOL! Glad to see you are going to give it a good try again!

Comment

Working...
                              X