Newbies in Need ODAT - Sun.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Everyone: I hope all is well w/everyone. I'm fine...just beginning day 30. It feels good to be able to say that. I wouldn't have been able to do this wo/MWO. On my own, I could never string more than a few days together. Thank you, Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

wondering

Hi there Mary, I was wondering if anyone was going to start this thread, if nobody did soon, I was going to be daring and do it myself! This daylight savings is going to mess w/ me! I have been up since 6 (old time!), so that is 5 in the "now time!" My entire household is asleep cuz they were out very late(past midnight) at their friends house (my hubby's pot-smoking, coke snorting buddies, who I chose not to go w/ him to ) the kids are fine, so I don't mind them going, and they are old enough, they know what is going on...........we talk about it often (how sick is that!? You have to talk about pot and coke w/ your 14 and 16 year old kids!!) Well at least we have a good relationship that we can talk about it and how sick it is...........

Quiet day here, going to the gym, then horseback riding, then to a family dinner at the in-laws, my mother in law is in town from Boca Raton, so the kids need to visit w/ her..........................

Thanks again Mary for starting the thread, I congratulate you on 30 days!:goodjob:

The ever "evasive", I cannot even get through a week, feel like a real FAILURE!! But I am just so unhappy at the moment w/ my life...............will be ok though.............

Good Sunday to everyone!

Love and hugs :h

MA
    :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Hi Mary, Cowgirl and all to come.

Congratulation Mary on the 30 Days. Have been away for the past few days so have a lot of catching up to do. On Day 6 and feeling good. For those of you struggling to get a few alcohol days together, keep trying the more times you do it the easier it gets. I have not even taken the supplements the last few days. It did help though that I was at my mother-in-laws and there was no alcohol there. It's a different story at home but I'm working on it.

Have a great sunday everyone.

Rustop

Comment

Good morning all!

Congrats (again - just posted on your thread), MARY!!

I'm on day 4 today, after today it will get easier for me. Day four is a toughie - so I will be staying close..

Enjoy your day!

MM
        Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Congratulations Mary!

How great it must feel to be on day 30. You must be feeling great! I am on day 11 and feeling strong. I have realized part of what drives me is the dread of having to go through days 1 - 4 again! I want to be where you are in 19 days. Hopefully, I will make it.

All the best to all,

Gabby
          Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Comment

Hi everyone,
            Mary congratulation on 30days must be a wonderful feeling.
            Cowgal your not a failure we all stop and start again. I hope you feel a lot happier soon!
            d2d, (sorry going back to saturday thread,) i drunk last sun,(not on monday) and drunk on tues, wed and thur's but on friday i felt really bad in myself i was shaking . idid not drink b'cause i felt so bad in myself. I'm not really sure if weather it is the stopping and starting, does not seem to agree with my body, it just seems to confuse my body.The side efffects i had on friday night was different to the first time round.
            mm, i do take supp's and calm tables and like you i do drink lots tea, if i cant get to sleep but did not work on friday night.
            Anyway it scare the hell out of me.
            It really made my mind up to go for the 30days
            once again thank you all soooo much for caring and for your support.
            Day2 AF.
            Have a good sunday with love.x
            Teardrop.x
            family is everything to me

Comment

Hi everyone, hope you are all having a good Sunday!! Rustop, welcome back - we've missed you! Mary, congratulations on your 30 days - I have really admired your attitude and have so much to thank you for.

Cowgal, MM, Gabby & Teardrop - like Rustop says, please keep trying, it really is worth it.

Janicexxx
              AF since 9 May 2012
              Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Hi all,

Mary - congratulations on 30 days!!! Wow! You are truly my inspiration. Your kind words of advise have kept me going more times than I can count.

Rustop - day 6 . . . good go!! Doesn't matter what helped, you still did it!!

Cowgal - good for you for avoiding bad situations.

MM - I am day 4 also and have not done that many in a long time. Helps to know. someone else is here too.

Gabby, teardrop and Janice. It is good to hear from everyone and know there are so many out there with our struggles.

I am as I said Day 4 of an AF November. I had been doing the supps on and off but this time they seemed to upset my stomach and I have not done them in the last 2 days. It is really strange . . . . I don't know what is different . . . . but something seems to have clicked. I have no cravings just some occasional thoughts that are immediately squelched by "Oh, yeah . . . I am not drinking in November." It is almost a relief to remember I don't have to think about it, plot or plan because I am simply NOT going to drink in November. I am trying not to let my guard down at all though because I have been known to be the queen of rational excuses.

Hang in there everyone and Happy Sunday.

Evergreen

Comment

Thanks everyone for the congrats. I feel deserving but know I must keep diligent at all times. If you come here to the newbie forum & see that I haven't started the Newbies in Need ODAT thread, feel free to start it. In fact, in a few days, we're going on vacation (Ireland) & I'll be out of commission for about 10 days.

Please do whatever you need to do to stay clean & sober. Cowgirl, it was probably a good idea that you didn't accompany hubby. Thank God, my husband is a very light drinker. 2 beers is a lot for him. That helps. Take care, Mary
                  Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                  October 3, 2012

Comment

Hi ODATers! I too am happy to be on Day 4 AF along with MM and evergreen.

Congratulations Mary! You ROCK. :yougo"

Hello to everyone else - Janice, rustop, gabby, cowgal, Teardrop and anyone I accidentally missed, and anyone yet to come!

I pledge NO DRINKING ALCOHOL for me today. Not one single drop. NOPE!! I will deal with tomorrow when it gets here.

Have a great day everyone!

DG
                    ODAT
                    Day 4 AF after the fall
                    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hi everyone, just off to bed - its 9.30 here in the Uk - early but I feel rough today - sore throat, headache. Had a good weekend though, got a bit of gardening done and a lovely walk. Its quite interesting that over the last two weekends, my husband's only had 1 glass of wine each of the three nights instead of his usual 3/4. I haven't asked him to cut down but it's definitely been a big help to me.

Mary, have a great time in Ireland! Doggygirl, I detect that "Doggygirl determination" creeping back - well done for getting back on track. Those early days are definitely the hardest aren't they?

Evergreen - sounds like you've found the "switch" that Mary and I were talking about last week!! Well done! Try and keep yourself motivated and determined to stay AF.

Hope everyone has had a good weekend - if you haven't, remember its Monday tomorrow - a good day for not drinking!

See you tomorrow,

Janicexxx
                      AF since 9 May 2012
                      Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

good night!

Had an AF Sunday, that is a first for me in a long time!!:goodjob: I feel really good about that!! So tomorrow will be day 2! then I only have to work 4 days next week!!YEAH!!!!!:happy:

I hope everyone had a great Sunday, I started off depressed, but now feel new hope, so am fired up for and AF week again!!!

Good night to all, sweet dreams!!

Hugs and love,:l :h

MA
                        :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Janice;219595 wrote: Doggygirl, I detect that "Doggygirl determination" creeping back - well done for getting back on track. Those early days are definitely the hardest aren't they?
                          In a word? YYYEEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!! A huge motivation to stay on the wagon for good this time is not having to go through these early days of AF ever again.

I hope you get a good night sleep and feel better tomorrow! Good that Mr. Janice is not drinking hardly at all - I'm sure that makes things easier for you.

DG
                          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Congratulation on day 1. It is also day 1 for me and I feel I am good for a few more. But come Friday I will be burning up this keyboard for help!
                            :truce: I surrender!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X