Wow, I've been here 5 minutes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LauraAnn and Scorpio a huge :welcome: to you both, I can only agree with everyone else, this place is amazing, I was moderating nicely up till last week when I got back up to 2 bottles of wine last thursday night, but after confessing here I got so much support that i'm back on track again ....

Love & Hugs :h :l :h
    sigpicXXX

Comment

Hi Lauranne and welcome

This is a great place. Read the book, the boards, join in. I'm not taking the medication, just the supplements and the cd's. Best of luck.

Rustop

Comment

Hi LauraAnn just wanted to say :welcome:
        When I joined just a week ago and wrote my story as a newbee It was great to read postings from people who cared and lifted my mood tremendously.
        These lovely people are always here for support WHENEVER you need it.... I wish I found the website earlier!
        In life we can live out our dreams its true
        the one who decides,takes chances,makes choices is YOU.

Comment

Laura,
          You have come to the right place. Just keep reading the posts. They will motivate you to stop drinking. Welcome.

Comment

Welcome LauraAnne...sending hugs for your 'journey' (a better one than to another state for 'groceries'...yea, not good!)

Love FMS x
            :heart: c: :heart:
            "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Welcome to MWO Laura Ann. You will find loads of support and encouragement. There are many people in the same boat with you. It is just so healing to find out that one is not alone with this problem.
              Again, a heartfelt welcome to you
              Lori
              *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Comment

and Scorpio!! Grrrr! I am using my desk-top poota today and if i don't 'refresh' every 3 minutes I miss loads of posts....like the last 8 after Scorpio's hello! Wasn't ignoring you!!

Good luck and love to you BOTH and all 'newbies'!! (Not being 'rude'; we've all been there!)

FMS xx
                :heart: c: :heart:
                "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

FindingMySelf - that's ok! I've lost posts too!

This is a wonderful site and I'm so happy to have found it. I want the old me back and feel like I'm on my way. The last year has been depressing and I've turned to alcohol. I have tears in my eyes right now because I know I'm on a new journey. I'm a Scorpio (duh, the name!) which means being very passionate and having deep feelings! A blessing and a curse!

Thanks for the welcome everyone!! I love this place!

LauraAnne - I look forward to more posts from you

Comment

Laura Ann-Welcome! I'm also new here. This is the greatest group of people I have ever found to support me. I also want to tell you that I'm a 31 yo mom of two. I've struggled for so long; beating myself up. I have often ask myself: don't I love my children enough to quit? But, I've realized that this is an problem I can not place on them to cure me of. I hope you and I can attack this problem together (I choose to call it a problem rather than an addiction). We are all here for you. Please keep posting.

Olivia

Comment

:welcome:

Hi Laura Anne, I am also quite new to MWO but have had the most fantastic support from everyone

I've been a heavy drinker for years and thought I was alone in my misery. Take heart we are all with you

God Bless

:l Sweetpea
                      :flower: Keep strong and focused things do get better and you will find your happy :h

Comment

Just starting out

I'm not even sure if I am posting this properly. So far I have just read posts and almost everyone hits home in some way. I have been trying for a month to quit drinking and just can't seem to do it. I am seeing a private counselor who keeps pushing me to attend an AA meeting but I just can't seem to get myself to one. I think my husband is losing faith in me and I am afraid and ashamed. That's all for now. I'll go back to reading. At least now I feel I am not unique in my struggle.

Comment

Working...
                        X