Ready for the AF Road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ready for the AF Road

I have viewed this website many times over the last few months and have sent it to several friends in need of help. I just finished a 12week study for Tomapax under Bankhole Johnson. It was a great program. Did I stop drinking completely.....no.....did I get alot out of the program...YES. I did cut back. But I do think that I was not on a full Topamax dose. We had group therapy so we had to be accountable. Once a week for 2 hours. Had blood taken, vitals, etc. At the end of my program I asked the Dr. that distribited meds and wanted to get her take. She said that Topamax is effective.

The main thing I figured out is what drives me to drink. I am figuring that out.

My goal is continue to reduce my wine consumption or eliminate it completly. I have ordered the started kit and book/cd's. I also have the benefit of a great friend in the same situation to go through with this together. I have enjoyed reading other input and look forward to your input and the start of a long journey. Regards, Hurricane B.

Ready for the AF Road

Welcome Hurricane B!! Congratulations on your success cutting back so far, and best wishes on your 30 days AF journey!! Sounds like you've been checking out the site for awhile - just want to make sure you know about a couple of threads that I have found helpful. If you have an active imagination and strange sense of humor, "The Inn" threads in Monthly Abstainers might be fun. (yes, I am blessed with an over abundance of both!) There is also a more "normal" daily thread in monthly abstainers too - lots of great folks.

I also get lots of help from the daily Newbies in Need ODAT (One Day At a Time) thread in getting started. And there are a couple more abstainers threads in Getting started too. Hope to see you around one or more of them!!

I would love to hear more about the Topomax study you took part in - things like how it was set up and conducted, and what results you saw anecdotally as a participant.

Look forward to getting to know you better.

DG
    ODAT
    Day 5 AF after the fall
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
    X