Hubby Found My Stash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hubby Found My Stash

Everyone Especially the Newbies: Please come here often. The ODAT (one day at a time) is especially good for beginners. Good Luck, Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Comment

Hubby Found My Stash

Charlee glad to hear you're feeling better and you're on day 3. I'm on day 2 and can feel some difference, although I didn't get a full night sleep I felt good when I woke up. In the past Calms forte has helped and also sleepytime tea. We can do this, I'm looking forward to day 3 tomorrow.
      :huggy
      "Love is large, love defies limits. People talk about the sanctity of love...love is by definition sacred. Not some love between some people but all love between all people" ~ Jennifer Beals

Comment

Hubby Found My Stash

NOT TO BE A DOWNER

Doesn't anybody feel cheated that everyone "else" gets to be a social drinker and I have to a tee totaler! This sucks! I know that this site is a support site but, I also view it as an outlet to vent and I get pissed off that I have to go through this and yet my brothers and sisters, as well as my husband, can go to any function and sip their little drinks and go home and tuck themselves in! Again, THIS SUCKS!!!
        Sorry, I need to vent and I do not like where I am at right now.

Comment

Hubby Found My Stash

wondered how you were doing cheebs. vent away darling it won't change what is so but it will make you feel better. i have a little exercise i wrote out on the 12 many's "today is the day thread" maybe play around with it. might be fun for you. see what you are really missing afterall.
          and wow, just wanted to say that i'm glad you are on day 3. i know this has been rough by your posts and am very proud of you. smiles bootsie and congrats to bettelove on day 2
          :welcome:

Comment

Hubby Found My Stash

Cheebs,

Search on THIQ and alcholism.

That will make things easier to understand.

Us alkies are a "little bit" different than the non-alkies.

It sucks. It is a part of life. It is a reality.

Cr@p. I hate it, too.

Love,
            Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hubby Found My Stash

Cheebs

It does look like others are able to drink "normal" but who knows what goes on in other people's houses? We can only really deal with our own drinking problem, and there are millions like us. Anyway, the only way to go from here is UP! :l Suz on day 3!
              The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

Hubby Found My Stash

Cheebs
                Darn right I feel the resentment......watching all these social drinkers, sipping their choice of beverage. However, I have had to many ups and downs and at my age have finally realized that although it does suck, I was getting exhausted playing the games I played with myself. I wish I could remember who started the thread "What I like about not drinking"...It did help me realize that everyone who responded to that post had to go through day one, and they survived, and there lives were better for it. I wanted to be one of those people.....
                sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Hubby Found My Stash

Whoa Charlee!! I cannot believe I missed this! Well done! Be patient and just really go day by day ... it does get easier!!! Take good care, j
                  Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X