Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies in need ODAT - Tuesday

Good morning everyone

It's a beautiful crisp sunny morning and have just had a long walk with the doggies. It really sets you up for the day. Day 8 so going into my second week and I have to say that I have not even noticed it.

Shelbysmiles - stick at it, those days you stay AF do count, remember ODAT

Mary - Hope you have all your packing done. Have a great holiday, looking forward to hearing all about it when you get back

Teardrop - Well done on 3 Days, be proud

iluvdesert - The book is well worth the read and not expensive. I'm reading a book at the moment 'Natural alternatives to Dieting' and I am finding it very interesting. One symptom of fluctuating blood sugar levels is feeling the 'need' for an alcoholic drink on most days. Have only started it but will keep you all posted if there is anything of interest.

Taking Control - Day 9, you will soon be in double digits!!!

Cowgirl - Hang in there, know its a rough time for you at the moment but you are doing great.

Doggy, Jane Jane, Cindi, Janice and everyone else have a great Tuesday.

Rustop

Good Morning all!!

I am in a rush but wanted to say "hi" before my day started.

Take care,
    Cindi

ps Mary, have much fun on your vacation!! Enjoy.
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hello all,

Have been away from the computer for a day or so but have a few minutes to catch up.

Hope all the ODATers are doing well.

Just finished Day 5. I actually had to look at the calendar to make sure. For the first time I am really not thinking about it too much. Treated my daughter and myself to a movie last night which was fun on a weeknight. Tonight should not be a problem but tomorrow night will be attending a 50th bday party and it will be my first social excursion. I am gearing up NOT to fall.

How is everyone else?

Evergreen

Comment

Hi everyone,

I do love this tread, just come in from work and got to go out soon to work again.
        4days AF my moods are all over the place to day. Just like the song my ever changing moods.... by style council. ( caught up in a whirlwind)
        I just can relate to this song today.
        I'm going to keep myself very busy tonight, actually i should take my dog, to dog training, its the only time she gets to socialize with other dogs. ( i do have laught there though)
        Right!! good luck everyone love you all but got to go, running late.
        Oh rustop61, i do drink lots of tea with lots of sugar.
        see u all soon!
        Love Teardrop.x
        family is everything to me

Comment

Hi all, and good morning. These are the best threads and where I should just settle down and take in all the good advice and support, we're all in this together! Day 2 af for me and looking to make it to Friday and maybe beyond. Have a great day everyone. :h Suz
          The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

good day!!

Good morning to all, and all who follow!

Teardrop, I can relate, my feelings and mind are going all over the place too (a reason I used to drink, to quiet it down!) But I am determined, with the help of all you great friends not to let it get to me today!! TODAY!! That is all I have to think about, I have a horrible tendency to project waaay into the future..............."how will I live after the potential divorce, what will the kids feel, what will happen to the horses, will I be able to keep the house........etc..................."

I am making an appt for a marriage counselor today, hopefully he will go, has not been too receptive, but I think that is our last chance. Then I will call a lawyer if that doesn't work out, my counselor said he thinks I am very strong and have been through so much in my life (he knows EVERYTHING!) that I would be soooooooooooo much happier away from him and I can handle this (who knows, I really am AFRAID of the thought!)

Anyway a happy and AF Tuesday to everyone (sorry I am not so up on everyone's names, but will work on that )

Lots of love and hugs to you all!!!:h

Thanks for listening, I truly appreciate that!:thanks:

MA
            :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Yea!!!!...After months of reading, I felt undeserving to post, as everyone here was at least attempting their AF lifestyle. Me I was just sitting back making excuse after excuse. Day 3for me today and for the first time in years......no morning eyedrops, gallons of water, or extra make up...... Actually was kinda lost with the extra time.....I am choosing not to drink today
              sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Charlee,

Love,
                Cindi
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hi everyone and all to come! I pledge that I will not drink alcohol today. Not one tiny drop - no way. It's AF Tuesday for me, and AF day 6 after the fall. I'm happy to be here.

rustop congrats on Day 8! You must feel great heading into your second week.

Hi cindi! Are you on the road in some crazy hotel or other, or at home? Hope you are having a good day and no midnight fire alarms.

Evergreen - congrats on Day 5! Movie night with your DD sounds fun. Put on your best armour for the 50th party.

Hi Teardrop and congrats on Day 4. What kind of dog do you have and what kind of training do you participat in? Inquiring Doggy Minds want to know.

GO SUZANNA!! Congrats on Day 2.

Cowgal - I'm sorry about your marital struggles - that's no fun and such an uncertain thing to go through - wondering what's around the corner. What kind of horses do you have? I used to ride American Saddlebreds and had a horse at one time. I don't miss the boarding and training fees!

GO CHARLEE!!!! ROCK that Day 3! I really think you are gonna feel SO good as you accumulate AF days that you will wonder why you didn't start sooner.

Happy Tuesday everyone! Gotta run off to a meeting. It's great to go to my early Tuesday meetings WITHOUT a hangover, puffy eyes, wondering who's wondering how much I drank last night. WHEE!!!!

DG
                  ODAT
                  Day 6 AF after the fall
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                  Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I'm off and on. :sigh:
                    Laura-31
                    Windsor, CT

Comment

Hi Everyone: First, everyone deserves to post regardless of what stage he/she is in. That's what makes MWO unique. Nobody is ahead of anyone else. This is not a contest (Janice). It is a journey. We're packing today & tomorrow AM. Yes, I'm excited, but I'm a real homebody, so I'm a little nervous too. The g-sons will have a hard time w/our absence, not to mention our pup going to the kennel. But nobody's indespensible, so everyone will manage just fine. I'll miss MWO, particularly the ODAT thread. Mary
                      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                      October 3, 2012

Comment

Hi everyone, Mary have a great time in Ireland, will be thinking 'bout you. To everyone else, have a good day......

I feel fine drink-wise, don't feel any desire to drink yet why do I feel so down??? Since we got back from Scotland I've been like this - and I know in the past, thats when I would have been reaching for that early afternoon glass.

Feel as if I'm entering a new stage in my life or I should say "we" really, me and my husband. For the first time the kids are both away at the same time this year, at uni, and we both knew that life would be changing for us - its changed in many ways over the last 2 years with the loss of my father-in-law and my dad - but we both decided that we would try to see this as a "new beginning" for us both, ie although we are going to miss the children so much, we would try and see this as a "positive" stage in our relationship.

Trouble is, we don't seem to have got started with this new phase in our lives!! We never seem to get any time together and if we do, its very shortlived. The children have both been back home for weekend visits and my daughter has recently had reading week at home - which was great having them back as I do miss them so much but then with going to Scotland the other week(we took my mum-in-law and her sister who is a very dear aunt) - I just don't feel as if me and my hubby have had any chance of time together lately....well, even since Dad died really, I just feel as if I'm on this path alone at the moment. We just don't seem to get chance to talk lately nevermind anything else!! He comes in after work and first thing he does is ring his mam to see how she's doing and thats when I usuallly find out how his day has gone by eavesdropping his conversation. Oh dear, I am whinging aren't I??

So, I was really looking forward to this weekend....my husband's having a hernia op on Friday, he should be out the same day and I thought we could just have a nice quiet weekend together.....only to find that his twin brother is arriving (he lives abroad) and together with their mum, will want to come and stay for the weekend, to make sure my husband is "okay"!!! I have suggested we invite them for Sunday lunch (a compromise!) but why then does my husband make me feel I am being unreasonable for just wanting a nice quiet weekend with him to myself? I know I'm whinging, but this is really bugging me...is it too much to ask?? We have always been close to my in-laws but there are times when I just want to scream "Give us some space!!!".

Dealing with the drinking, dealing with dad not being there....suppose I'm just feeling that bit more lonely and, insecure, and now the kids have gone, its even worse. Maybe a lots still to do with Dad and things still going on back home with mam.....I'm dealing with things on my own, including sorting out dad's estate, paperwork, the running of the family home where mam and my brother still live, bills etc. and I know I wasn't coping at all while I was drinking.....yet here I am 37 days AF and feeling stronger physically and healthier but emotionally I still feel down there and thinking maybe I should have got some anti-depressants, I don't know.

I'm rambling here. Sorry. But at least, its a sober ramble!! Okeydokey, back to the hoovering in a quiet empty house.....there's wine in the fridge but who cares. Sorry to burden you all with my moaning - who else can I moan to though??

Thanks for listening,

Janicexxx
                        AF since 9 May 2012
                        Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Janice

Feel free to vent, thats what we are here for. Be easy on yourself, remember its still early days and you are still grieving. There is a huge void in your life that your Dad occupied and it will take sometime to get used to that. I have lost both parents and it took me quite a while to realize that while my husband loves me its different from the unconditional love we receive from our parents and we miss that. Look on the bright side at least you are close to your in-laws, mine are driving me mad!!! You would like some space whereas mine well some of them have blanked and ignored my girls since they were born. My MIL dishes out the cool, snooty treatment when she's not getting her own way and treated my girls to it at the week-end when I took them to see her. I find it very difficult to take but am learning to distance myself from it.

Being AF does not make the problems go away but think how much harder it would be coping with it with a hangover. Take care of yourself.

Rustop

Comment

Janice

I know it is tough the way you are feeling, don't feel badly about ranting, I do it enough for everyone!! I can relate to the feeling of being married,yet feeling so lonely! My husband, when he is home, is always in the garage working, usually w/ a Budwieser in hand..........when he DOES come in he yells and complains and causes nothing but havoc, I just wish he would go back outside..................

Maybe his hernia operation, w/ you alone w/ him will draw you closer, I hope so.............

You are doing well on your journey though (even though you feel as though you are alone on it at times:h )

Love,

MA:l
                            :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

...thanks guys.
                              AF since 9 May 2012
                              Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Working...
                              X